Do you know some witnesses that refuse to go to some restaurants because of the name like....

by Iamallcool 23 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Burger King...Home of the WHOPPER

MCdonalds Big Mac

Now the horse meat and mad cow disease is that a problem?

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

when i was little whenever we ate at a chinese restaurant i was allowed to eat the fortune cookies but i could not see the paper with the fortune, i had to immediately throw it away or i would get in trouble.

I also couldnt eat certain cereals like Lucky Charms because of the leprechaun my mom would say "jehovah is going to be sad with you if you eat that"

at age 4 my mom had bought me the movie Cinderella i must have watched it 200 times then one morning i wanted to watch it and couldn't find it so i asked my mom and she said she threw it away because the cats name was lucifer! omg, really and if we kept it, we would have satan and the demons in our house!!! i cried for weeks

so happy my kids don't have to go through that

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How about the awkard moment at a Chinese restaurant when they bring the fortune cookies.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Two local restaurants come to mind: "Moon Temple," a Chinese Restaurant with a very generous bar, and "13 Coins", a 24-hour American restaurant with a few locations in the Seattle metropolitan area (also with a good bar).

I have never associated with any JWs since I moved here, but I imagine JWs would shun these pagan eateries.

JW alcoholics are missing out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit