I have a answer to those on why we are no longer part of the Cult.

by TotallyADD 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Since our episode with our oldest son and his wife we know the word is out that we no longer want to be JW. The other day an elder from FL tried to call us but our fax machine was on during his attempt. I quess when he heard the fax noise he thought he may have had the wrong number. So this has gotten me to thinking what would be a good short answer to say to them that might make them think when they finally get hold of me and ask if the rumor they are hearing is true.

So with that in mind here is what I came up with. "I was baptized as a JW not a Governing Body Witnesses and that's what this reglion has become." Short and sweet. Hopefully it may make someone think. But I am not holding my breath. I know full will it's a cult and thinking may be out of the question. What do you all think of my answer? Totally ADD

• Comatose
    Comatose

I like it. But, I think in your case you might play a fake sympathy card to help you out with your kid.

"I am NOT an apostate! My wife and I have been very discouraged lately. Finding out that the organization was a part of the UN hurt us greatly. Seeing the changing of the generation teaching confused us. But, being confused and discouraged is NOT apostacy!"

That does 2 things. It spreads the word in a non-apostate way about the UN, and it makes you appear discouraged and down trodden which might soften your son. Maybe?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I smell an apostate is what a JW would think. I think good point.

FS

• nugget
    nugget

I would say to him that the call seems like entrapment and he would do well to consider Mat 18v6 since it would appear that his own eternal salvation is in danger. He knows that no sin has been committed otherwise he would not be fishing for evidence and stumbling one of 'the sheep is a serious sin. I would say to him I feel deeply sorry for you since my relationship with Jehovah is as solid as ever whilst yours may need some serious repair. Goodbye.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

As evidence to back your statement of not signing up to be a Guv'nin' Body worshipper:

I repeat this on this board whenever I can because I find this fact to be simply astounding, and it's as much evidence of the WTS's obsession with lording their supposed authority over the JW flock as you could want:

Matthew 24:45 is cited or quoted in WTS literature more often than both John 3:16 and 14:6. Far more.

Think about that!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My mom calls me and makes demands. I respond, "Good morning, mom! How are you?"

Refuse to engage in their insanity.

It's their game. You play, you lose.

Sometimes the best answer is the one that isn't said.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just say i read Luke 21:8 in the King James Bible and i also know that Christs means Anointed, That will get them curious to read the scripture and then maybe they'll do some thinking themselves.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I think Comatose and ADD's responses combined make a great answer for ttatt. This is just what I've been looking for too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would just politely say your belief in the organization has weaken to a state you feel hypocritical attending the meetings and acting within full support toward

the organization.

• 5go
    5go

I find the ignore the issue and fake sumission plan works well. That is if you are fading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit