I'm running... and I need help! (UK people)

by running_away 11 Replies latest jw friends

• running_away
    running_away

... don't worry, I dont need money or house or food or anything (ok, maybe a coffee). Don't need hospitality... I need information.

Heeeeeeellllppp!

We are thinking into moving to UK, and I need "spiritual" information. We are moving my wife and 2 kids. We are thinking in the south london down to south hampton and to the east... that area (not so far from london). In December.

The thing is: does anybody can tell me where I can find one of those family friendly congos, more to get toguether and less to preach? Come on! there has to be one, just one cool cong. Is somebody recently out or still in from that area? or somebody that knows somebody?

I will need to be "in" for at least one more year, because of my wife (I had reading that is a common problem, right?). So, I want to be in a nice cong in the meantime.

This is a looooong history. I will tell to the person who shares a coffee with me (in exchange of info). Everybody else will stay with the doubts! :)

Please PM me.

(where I can see my PMs?)

Thank you! this information will save my life (and problably my family).

Thank you!

• running_away
    running_away

Yep, Now I know how to see the PMs.

• running_away
    running_away

People, don't leave me alone!

• bigmac
    bigmac

ive bumped a thread listing lots of UK members for you to see. look for exjw--uk

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You know, if you are looking for a 'family friendly,' nice congregation which is more 'social' and less 'preachy,' it'll be harder in many ways for you and your family to leave.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you move to Canada you can go to hoser's congregation. It's going down the tubes fast.

http://exjw.meetup.com/

• running_away
    running_away

Big: Thanks!

Ann: I know... but I will have to be "still in" for a time... She will not wake up becuase the social aspect, she is smarter. But, as I need one more year, I preffer to be a little bit better than those grey, super spiritual congos...

It's like be in jail "doing my time", I want to be in a better jail.

• running_away
    running_away

jg: We love Canada, but we are Europeans. And maybe we cant handle de one million below zero temperature :)

I hope to find a social congo not too much spiritual with a lot of kids.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Sorry, I live in London but have never been in any Congo here.

I recall the east london Congs being sociable - very ethnically diverse.

• krejames
    krejames

If you want to fade, London is the place to go. elders can't keep up with shepherding because of the high turnover in the congs. But if you want a more difficult fade but a more family friendly social scene I'll PM you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit