Ugh... Have to learn to keep my mouth shut

by dissonance_resolved 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

So my mom was telling me that my aunt is going to be hosting a GB member and wife, COs and DO for dinner after their DC this summer.

I immediately blurt out, "That sounds stressful." Which is met with dead silence. "oh, I mean making sure dinner and the house are perfect, you know..."

Cringe. I guess I was supposed to say something about what an awesome, amazing privilege that would be. "Those that do to the least of these, my brothers" and all.

Seriously , though, can you think of anything more stressful as a JW than having a GB member over to your house?

• hoser
    hoser

is your aunt rich?

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Lol, totally- how did you know?

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would open a can of spaghetti as a side dish with boiled hotdogs and serve it to them on a paper plate.

• BU2B
    BU2B

lol @ whathappened. They should be satisfied with that. Their brother Christ said only one thing is needed

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I. Like. whathappened. So hilarious! The looks on their faces would be priceless.

Speaking of these supposedly "selfless" brothers I remember plenty of visits from CO's and their wives. The brothers and sisters would take them out and splurge. They did not get all the jewelry, nice clothes and dining out money from the wacthtower corp, thats for sure.

• hoser
    hoser

Lol, totally- how did you know?

The GB and DO's CO's prefer to associate with the wealthy. It is no secret that they want to be showered with gifts and fine things

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

yes I can think of something more stressfull. Having the co and wife stay at your house for 3 days of their week with the congregation.

Can't believe I survived that. NOT my idea.

• *lost*
    *lost*

lol

serve them up salad and a 'dish of vegetables'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I hope your Mum will prepare a meal liberally laced with rat poison for the paedophile and his wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit