Did Anyone Go To Pacific Ocean Park In The 1960"s?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The best day for JW's was Thanksgiving Day. I must have gone on and off the Roller Coaster at least 10 times in a row. Hardly anyone was at the Park.

Does anyone else remember how much fun it was?

Just Lois

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Sorry, never been there. Also, spent all my time in the 60's in Bagdad.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember going there, but I wasn't a dub then, I was about six. I thought it was awesome! I had many dreams about being in the house of mirrors. I remember being in a spaceship, they made you feel like you were really in space, at least to my six year old self. Later, I thought I must have dreamt it all, no one I knew had ever heard of it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

LisaRose , Yes, the House of Mirrors was fun.

I don't remember a space ride at P.O.P. but they did have one at Disneyland, that they belted you into, the chair went back, (in take-off position) then there were rocket sounds, count down, then blast off. I think we were going to the Moon? lol That was in 1956.

HarryMac, What kind of entertainment was there in Bagdad when you were a boy? It is kind of a serious country, so I'm thinking Museums, the Zoo, and family get togethers. What was it like being raised or living in Iraq?

Just Lois

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Another way to put it was 'I was just a gleam in daddy's eye'.

I think you might know what I meant and are being really dry(?)... if so, wow, LousExtraDry.. you should sell that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit