Just had a thought when reading Data Dogs topic..

by The Quiet One 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• earthfire
    earthfire

Julia that part always bugged me too. If you aren't used to animals talking to you and you know God personally then why aren't you saying, "Hey, um, that snake just told me to eat the fruit that you said not to eat." Plus if you think about the fact the Adam and Eve would have been as innocent as children because they had no life experience dealing with this kind of thing then why would God blame them for all the suffering of people who haven't even been born yet? Why let all of us be born and have original sin anyway. Just so stupid.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Hello The Quiet One,

I too have been pondering this subject. Our JW reasoning is flawed. God purposed for man to sin right from the beginning. I have been pondering Romans 9 and Ephesians 1. Here are two excerpts from these chapters that seem to help.

Romans 9

New International Version (NIV)

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

Ephesians 1:8-10

New International Version (NIV)

8 With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he [a] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

whynthey never ate from the tree of life is a curious one. Maybe it did not look "good for food" or "pleasing to the eye."

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"According to his own pleasure"? Eph 1:8. So he had his creation go pear-shaped for the sheer fun of it? How did a state of disunity come to be between heaven and earth other than by the talking snake?

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Julia Orwell-

Ya it seems to be "I'm God so deal with it" reasoning and the definition of a bully. (As much as I hate to admit it.)

• StAnn
    StAnn

May I insert here that scholars maintain that the Adam and Eve story is Jewish mythology? In fact, the whole first 11 chapters of Genesis are not to be taken literally. The problem here isn't the WTS interpretation. The problem is that the WTS is too stupid to recognize the genre in which these chapters were written.

If you want to be literal, why didn't Adam and Eve have children before eating of the fruit? Those children would have been perfect and could have stayed in the garden, fulfilling all of the jobs their parents mucked up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit