Watchtower tricks and deceptions

by slimboyfat 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The biggest W.T trick in my opinion is very deceptive they call it "love" and it is. The deception is its a conditional love and thats the trick.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hey slim,

I asked about that Encylopedia Canadiana quote on ChannelC. Jim P doesn't know who wrote it.

This is what I've just posted there:

So it's still a little mystery who wrote the positive-sounding 'Canadiana' piece.

I've managed to cobble together a few snippets available on Google books (shown below) and, other than the quote in the OP about the work of JWs being "the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practised by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries of our era," there is another tell-tale comment,

[Regarding the early Bible Student period] "Bible Study classes were organized and from the outset voluntary missionary work from house to house in the primitive apostolic method was emphasized."

It does *sound* like a JW wrote it. The WTS has quoted it as an objective source several times - the latest occasion being in 1998.

Anyway, it's only a curiosity.

~Ann

• Scott77
    Scott77

AnnOMaly,

The snippet is unreadable. The note size is tiny. Please, can you increase or zoom up the size to 14' then copy and past to here?

Scott77

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I already uploaded for a 15'' monitor size. I know the text quality isn't great, but that's Google snippet view for you. It's big enough to read it on my laptop screen. It'll be hopeless on phones, though.

21" screen size - any better? (I can only see that it's a little clearer, that's all.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks for asking Ann. I used to be on channel C but got lost after a disruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit