The Tubal-cain Class

by Londo111 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Watchtower theology is intent on the idea of ‘classes’, taking characters from the Bible and making a modern day application that is nothing if not a study in narcissism. There is the Elijah class, the Elisha class, the Jehus and the Jehonadabs, they even made a class out of the very obscure Nethinim. I was emailing AuntBee and she had the idea of possibly parodying the idea in one of her videos. What kinds of obscure Bible characters can we make into a ‘class’ and absurdly apply to the Watchtower organization?

I’ll start: the ‘Tubal-cain’ class.

Tubal-cain, a descendent of Cain, was the "forger of all instruments of bronze and iron". Think how useful these instruments were to Noah and his family in building the Ark. Who then is the Greater Tubal-cain? Evidently, it is those outside Jehovah's organization who invent new technology. While the Tubal-cain class as a group will remain in Satan's Organization when the end comes, and thus be everlastingly destroyed, such technology can be utilized by the Faithful and Discreet Slave in building up the Organization, which is the anti-typical Ark. However, caution is needed. Did Noah and his family put inventions of Tubal-cain first in their lives? No! Their lives were centered around the Ark and warning the wicked of the impending destruction. Never would we want to put modern technology first place in our lives or let it distract from the life-saving work of preaching the good news. Never would we want to share the fate of Tubal-cain and his contemporaries!

Question (a) Who was Tubal-cain and whom did he foreshadow? (b) Why do we need to be cautious in how we use technology?

• ranmac
    ranmac

Thats awesome! If you were to somehow slip that into a watchtower, I doubt anyone would even blink an eye. Yes! What a fitting and timely application for us today!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

this one is for the elders. diotrophes- class. 3 john. 1: 9-11

• zeb
    zeb

I have read in the bible and i cant recall where that God gave these men the skills to work copper and other metals. So with the "TC" class it is most odd that he would educate then seek to kill them.

Just adding to the observation here.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I read that wrong. I thought it was a Tubal-ligation class.

• prologos
    prologos

L 111: brilliant idea and writing:

The ZED-E-CI'AH the prophet CLASS:

because of his 1st CLASS act , based on I Kings 22:11, speaking to the assembly, he " made himself horns of iron--"--JEHOVAH says-- in this way you will push the Syrians -- extermination--""

This modern day CLASS pictures all the devoted brothers and sisters that provide and act out the bible dramas, ( but might be surprised at the final outcome.)

( Zedekiah was a not - so - true prophet, using jehovah's name, he sent Ahab to his doom believing in victory.

prophetic bible dramas for sure.

• *lost*
    *lost*

wow - just like reading wt mag ... shudder .... I avoid all their stuff right now at all cost ... don't want getting sucked back in there

• prologos
    prologos

1) the NATHAN (the prophet) CLASS.

the group of christians that have the dirt on the MAN or MEN at the top, can speak at any time and know it will be bad news for the followers and

that they, as NATHAN antitype Whistle Blowers are immune from the consequences, unlike Uriah and other happles victims of the "man according to jehovahs heart."

2) The JOSEPH CLASS. as in newly minted spritual tribe of JOSEPH in Rev 7.

made up of those that knew something was fishy, reported it to headquarters, were hated for it, left for dead (spiritually) turned over to the world, dfd? perhaps, - falsely accused of sex or other crimes, ultemately providing real food (spiritual perhaps) to those that need it, wether the brothers liked it or not.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

+1 for Brother Londo's "watchtower" excerpt!

The Jezebel class - Christian wives who endeavor to take the lead "behind the scenes." We must remind them of their Christian duty of submission.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Since Focus has reappeared...I figured I'd bump it in his honor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit