Has anyone listened to Reggae / Rastafarian religious music?

by sosoconfused 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I am sure that none of you here are Rastafarians and neither am i. I have just noticed however that their religious music is soo freaking moving!

I guess after years of Kingdom melodies that had absolutely no form of feeling in them and were pretty much some guy plucking piano keys anything would be better.

But I literally sit here listening to some of these and almost break down crying.

*** Just wanted to share***

• *lost*
    *lost*

got Jamaican buds... they are an amazing people, culture, d=food, music... laughter, zest for life... love 'em.

Bob Marley... the bizz .. you listened to exodus ?

UB40 is good to.

• designs
    designs

Bob Marley's Redemption song would have been great to sing at Conventions.

Songs of Freedom

• minimus
    minimus

Went to Jamaica, man, a number of times. I like it BUT, after a while, it's enough for me. Praise Jah!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Love listening to Bob Marley

• frankiespeakin
  • designs
    designs

Everybody-

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom

Cause all I ever had, redemption songs

All I ever had, redemption songs

These songs of freedom, songs of freedom....

• *lost*
    *lost*

Exodus - freedom for Jah's people. lol

Boney M - by the rivers of babylon, always loved that one.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've heard of the Rastafarians. We must introduce Larsinger. Most truly we should introduce him.

• breric
    breric

Marley is how I managed to come to know about Jehovah, some of the kingdom melodies are quite pleasant , some are real yawn breakers though, I do notice some people at meetings surely like to tune their vocal chords for the majority to hear. Be nice to add a reggae beat in there, love the rhythm that reggae music puts forward.......very talented singers and instrumentalists

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit