WHAT IS TRUTH?

by DATA-DOG 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How many of you have listened to this talk from the DC? How many of you actually yelled at your computer, " WTH!!!!! That's what I have been saying you ignorant buffoons!!!" I felt a murderous rage well up within my heart and I had to yell at the monitor. Three phrases were particularly ironic:

1) Jesus did not demand that anyone believe assertions without proof.

2) We should examine everything. It's hard work, but we should do it.

3) A fool puts faith in every word, but the wise man understands the need for proof.

I know the public talk is a turd that has been polished for the public. Still, it made me very angry. The hypocrisy of giving such a talk in public, but then demanding obedience to the ever-changing winds of teaching and ideas of men was just sickening.

Saying that the WTBTS makes errors and that the WT is often wrong, and that the GB are fallible, and that we should listen to the words of Christ above men, and that something is true only if it is a fact, is why I was hauled into Eldumb meetings!!

I am glad that I heard it before my actual DC. I may have made a scene..

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I came across this little gem this morning:

19 Jehovah’s organization does not discourage sincere, timely questions, as some opposers mistakenly claim. (1 Peter 1:10-12) However, the Bible counsels that we avoid foolish, speculative questions. (Titus 3:9) Asking reasonable questions and searching God’s Word and Christian publications to find Scriptural answers can increase our accurate knowledge and can thus strengthen our confidence in Jehovah..."

- W 8/15/98, p.20, par.19

Of course the reality is, the WT decides what constitutes "sincere" and "timely". As JWs know all too well, anytime a question is presented about doctrines, etc., the standard response will be either, "wait on Jehovah", or, "who are you to question the faithful slave?"

And, of course, no matter how sincere your question is, it will be labelled "foolish" and "speculative", and summarily dismissed.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

What is Truth? Well it sure ain't the Watchotwer.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Don't forget it is a "PUBLIC TALK" a better talk would be "What happens after you are IN THE TRUTH?"

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is for the public just like all the Awake articles saying thatyou should make an examination of your beliefs and no one should have to choose between beliefs and family.. Applies only if you arent a JW looking to become one. Still it is enraging.. Just looking at the title of that talk makes me hot.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Of course, any claims of 'we're only human', 'we're not inspired', etc. are counteracted with the more prevalent statements like these:

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval." Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

w07 4/1 p. 24 par. 12 Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave

Therefore, when we loyally submit to the direction of the faithful slave and its Governing Body, we are submitting to Christ, the slave’s Master.

Obeying Jehovahs voice means obeying Jesus

voice, for Jehovah himself told us to do so. (Matthew 17:5) What does Jesus, the Fine Shepherd, tell us to do? He teaches us to make disciples and to trust the faithful and discreet slave. (Matthew 24:45; 28:18-20) Obeying his voice means our eternal life. (w04 9/1, pp. 17-18)

---

We cannot claim to love God, yet deny his Word and channel of communication." (W10/1/67, p.591-592)

"By submitting to the slave class, Gods people also show their subjection to the Master, Jesus Christ." (w02 10/1 p. 19)

w56 6/1 p. 346 par. 11 Keep Pace by Conforming to Theocratic Requirements

Therefore the slave’s will is Jehovah’s will. Rebellion against the slave is rebellion against God

• BU2B
    BU2B

w56 6/1 p. 346 par. 11 Keep Pace by Conforming to Theocratic Requirements

Therefore the slave’s will is Jehovah’s will. Rebellion against the slave is rebellion against God

Wow they really havent changed have they. Even more direct back then.. And to think this was in a WT designed to be given to the public SMH

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER?

What details about the future has Jehovah revealed to us?

-W 8-15-12 Study Edition

So, Jehovah reveals what is in this WT Study, but the GB/WTS is not inspired by God? Hmmmm... If Jehovah did not inspire them, how can they state that Jehovah has revealed anything to them?

---

What's interesting about the faithful and discreet slave doctrine is that the Witness leadership uses Matthew 24:45-47 as a basis for authority over Gods people much the same way as the Catholic Church uses Matthew 16:18 to support the succession of popes and their absolute authority. It is a perfect example of taking a scripture out of context to support an erroneous view.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The authority of the GB is based on such dubious footing, and scripture taken so far out of context it amazes me that anyone believes it... But that just goes to show the power of mind control.

A parable made into a prophecy! As lond as he are making parables or illustrations into prophecies we should have a prodigal son class, or a poor widow class.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DD: I know the public talk is a turd that has been polished for the public.

2) We should examine everything. It's hard work, but we should do it.

3) A fool puts faith in every word, but the wise man understands the need for proof.

----

These statements are ridiculous, considering what WT has put in print. Of course, the only ones that truly read WT literature are "apostates". LOL. JWs could care less. "Polished turd" is an apt description of that talk:

"21 How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God’s visible organization..." - W 1/15/83, p.22, par. 21

"In Jehovah's organisation it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organisation who are assigned to that very thing" Watchtower 1967 Jun 1 p.338

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit