Disassociation?

by Sunflower1982 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I must admit, I had no choice. I was disfellowshipped (fortunately). 9 years later though, and there are still one or two I would love to talk to and can't. (even though my family refuse to shun me, the rest of the congregation have to).
    So I have a paradox. My disfellowshipping brought me to my senses and helped me free the religion, but it also closed a huge social chapter in my life at the same time.

• JT
    JT

Blues Brothers says:

But the other posters are right when they say that the cong will not know why , or even care why, very much . To them you will be just one of the "Evil Slave", who went away being "Not of our sort"

you have hit the nail on the head and this point is often over looked when a person has to decide what direction to go in.

i believe any choice a person makes should be made with all the pros and cons known

JT. What do you have against elders, as we were, who have not had equivalent of a high school education?

actually i have nothing against them and i will explain

In Britain we call that snobbish . A couple of the best men I knew in the Elder bodies were plumbers by trade , but they had perception, could read character and had love for their charges. You can't judge a book... etc

[i]

i am sorry that you read my post and got the impression that i was dogging the indiviual men who are elders, for i too was a High School elder.

what i am doing is the ENTIRE ELDER ARRANGMENT as setup and run by the wt, where you have me like me and you and your boys the plumbers being put into positions to make life and death decisions for others

we were put in a position that we had no biz at all being in

allow me to explain,

the avg elder has absolutely NO TRAINING in human behavoir, unlike at least most preachers who attend schools,

the avg elder despite his wonderful desire to serve is put into a position of trying to explain things that even he don't understand and the result can be death

if the avg pub asked an elder why we can't take certain blood fractions, beyong saying CAUSE THE SOCIETY SAYS SO he is just as lost as the next person

a bro ask and elder should he take a job paying more money, better benifits, excellent retirement program, but i will have to miss meeting, what will the avg jw elder tell him

so here you have some guy advising this man on a CAREER choice- INstead he will encourage him not to take the job if he has to miss the Sales meetings at the hall

- your kid get ALL A'S in school, gets an offer to college, but must leave home,-
    he also gets an offer to go to BETHEL INSTEAD

IN THE avg congo around the world what advice would this elder give this parent and young person?

sp the problem is not the man - it is the WT Style Elder arrangement-

If you went to the police to turn in a bro who molested a child in a state that doesnt require for it to be reported,

what would happen to your eldership more than likely- if the society had already stated to the body of elders to HANDLE THE MATTER INTERNALY like they have done so many times in the past-(until the got in trouble recently)

you see you have to look beyond your little corner of the world and consider that in many countries the org has built the Elder arrangement up to the point where the avg jw KNOWS YOU DON'T QUESTION AN ELDER

bottom line --summed up nicely by the wt society's head spoksman:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01
    Mario Moreno, associate general counsel at the church's New York headquarters,.
    J.R. Brown, public affairs director for the church,

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy

NOW of course at elders school and thru the publications they tell the elders and the rank and file that the elders are the best TRAINED IN THE WORLD CAUSE JESUS is directing his slave class to instruct the elders, but when pressed ON THE ISSUE OF THE QUALIFICATIONS OF the men called elders did you notice how they all but called them FLUNKYS

now let me ask you this question

When you decide to come to America on the Concord, would you like to have an "Untrained Volunteer Pilot" flying your plane?

They why would you want some Untrained volunteer giving you life and death directions and just info in general that will impact your life for years to come

there are many jw dead and in their grave today due to some guys called the Hospital laison committee giving them insructions on what Fractions they could take and standing by their bed to make sure that they did exactly what they were told

so no i have nothing against poor guys like you and i who were elders

we just never should have been given that much power over folks lives in veiw of the fact that we all were merely working for a US Printing Corp much like Time or Newsweek

the Elder arrangement as offered by the US Corp known as WT puts men in decision making capcities who have no more biz there than you or I trying to fly the Concord from London to NY

• JT
    JT

Blues Brothers says:
    But the other posters are right when they say that the cong will not know why , or even care why, very much . To them you will be just one of the "Evil Slave", who went away being "Not of our sort"

you have hit the nail on the head and this point is often over looked when a person has to decide what direction to go in.

i believe any choice a person makes should be made with all the pros and cons known

JT. What do you have against elders, as we were, who have not had equivalent of a high school education?
    actually i have nothing against them and i will explain

In Britain we call that snobbish . A couple of the best men I knew in the Elder bodies were plumbers by trade , but they had perception, could read character and had love for their charges. You can't judge a book... etc

[i]

i am sorry that you read my post and got the impression that i was dogging the indiviual men who are elders, for i too was a High School elder.

what i am dogging is the ENTIRE ELDER ARRANGMENT as setup and run by the wt, where you have men like me and you and your boys the plumbers being put into positions to make life and death decisions for others
    and we are not qualified beyond selling lots of mags and attending all the sales meeetings

we were put in a position that we had no biz at all being in

allow me to explain,

the avg elder has absolutely NO TRAINING in human behavoir, unlike at least most preachers who attend schools,

the avg elder despite his wonderful desire to serve is put into a position of trying to explain things that even he don't understand and the result can be death

if the avg pub asked an elder why we can't take certain blood fractions, beyond saying CAUSE THE SOCIETY SAYS SO he is just as lost as the next person

a bro ask an elder should he take a job paying more money, better benifits, excellent retirement program, but i will have to miss meeting, what will the avg jw elder tell him

so here you have some guy advising this man on a CAREER choice- INstead he will encourage him not to take the job if he has to miss the Sales meetings at the hall

- your kid get ALL A'S in school, gets an offer to college, but must leave home,-
    he also gets an offer to go to BETHEL INSTEAD

IN THE avg congo around the world what advice would this elder give this parent and young person?

so the problem is not the man - it is the WT Style Elder arrangement-

If you went to the police to turn in a bro who molested a child in a state that doesnt require for it to be reported,

what would happen to your eldership more than likely- if the society had already stated to the body of elders to HANDLE THE MATTER INTERNALY like they have done so many times in the past-(until the got in trouble recently)

you see you have to look beyond your little corner of the world and consider that in many countries the org has built the Elder arrangement up to the point where the avg jw KNOWS YOU DON'T QUESTION AN ELDER

bottom line --summed up nicely by the wt society's head spoksman:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01
    Mario Moreno, associate general counsel at the church's New York headquarters,.
    J.R. Brown, public affairs director for the church,

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy

NOW of course at elders school and thru the publications they tell the elders and the rank and file that the elders are the best TRAINED IN THE WORLD CAUSE JESUS is directing his slave class to instruct the elders, but when pressed ON THE ISSUE OF THE QUALIFICATIONS OF the men called elders did you notice how they all but called them FLUNKYS

now let me ask you this question

When you decide to come to America on the Concord, would you like to have an "Untrained Volunteer Pilot" flying your plane?

They why would you want some Untrained volunteer giving you life and death directions and just info in general that will impact your life for years to come

there are many jw dead and in their grave today due to some guys called the Hospital laison committee giving them insructions on what Fractions they could take and standing by their bed to make sure that they did exactly what they were told

so no i have nothing against poor guys like you and i who were elders

we just never should have been given that much power over folks lives in veiw of the fact that we all were merely working for a US Printing Corp much like Time or Newsweek

the Elder arrangement as offered by the US Corp known as WT puts men in decision making capcities who have no more biz there than you or I trying to fly the Concord from London to NY

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

J T , If you come back to this thread.

Thanks for your response.
    I can see that we are both coming from the same viewpoint really and I did not intend my comment to be rude.

It is true that WT "Training" does not equip a man to deal with sensitive personal issues, and the viewpoint that "We know better than the World" is very dangerous. If a man is endowed with insight and practical wisdom, that is his own charecter , not the WT equipping him to do the job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit