We Are Disgusting!

by LouBelle 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Okay, so how is gramma gonna pay for her home?

I think the congregation has arrangements to care for needy elderly members like that. NOT.

Doc

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hey LouBelle,

First off, I totally support you and your mom and aunt on this. It's totally hypocritical to shun you like you have the plague and then expect you to come running when it's convenient to get money from you. Would they help out if the situation were reversed? Not likely!

Just be aware that they will probably spin this to say those "disgusting apostates" won't even help destitute family members and how loving Jehovah's True Servants are because THEY step up to the plate. HYPOCRITES!

They will go to great lengths to portray themselves in the best light and paint "apostates" with as broad a "wicked" brush as possible.

Sorry you're having to go through all of this. Take care.

Radar

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Take a deep breath Lou Belle. You are the victor.

• cofty
    cofty

You have handled this very well Lou. They have casued the problem let them live with the consequences of their actions.

• nugget
    nugget

The religion has created this mess. When it states that it is more important than family and teaches members to hate relatives who don't believe then it creates these issues. Whilst I am sorry for your aunt and the abuse she has suffered I am glad that she has seen Phylis's true colours. In this instance she would be used for her money but treated with contempt.

It is good that you are there to support one another and appreciate each other for who you are not what you believe.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I guess Grandma just shot herself in the foot.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Louise, tell your aunt that we all are proud of her. I know it is difficult, but she is taking the correct stand.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Louise, you are just a loveable lady. Your gramma has no clue what a fool she is.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Loubelle, I am relieved to hear this was resolved so quickly. You were very upset about this and it turned out just fine.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What did Jesus say to do to your enemy, Its really unfortunate that the JW's hear all this stuff about having to shun and so on but always seem to forget what thier master has told them about LOVE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit