Powerfully heart-wrenching experience by FORMER BETHLITE

by Black Man 67 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Very moving story. I could relate to it as I was in an unhappy marriage for 28 years. What occurred to me after I left is that very often you live a kind if odd existence, where the reality does not match the public persona. How many marriages are like that, dead from within, but the people involved have to keep pretending? It's quite obvious that the Jehovah's Witnesses have just as much divorce, if not more, than other religions, the only difference being the divorces are usually proceeded by years of misery by one or both, and the inevitable outcome is that much more difficult, as disfellowshipped and shunning are often involved. Yet the magazine's keep painting a picture of happy JW families, their unity assured by applying bible principles. It's pure fiction.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

OMG! Not df'd after committing adultery?

That dude must've definitely lied his ass off in the JC, it just makes my blood boil to think that these committees are supposedly in place as a means to keep God's congregation clean yet God can't see the facts. Always some bullshit where the offender is free and the victim gets boned.

• Black Man
    Black Man

I just wanna push this back to the top for any newbies who haven't read this story. It's the classic turning lemons into lemonade story that is so powerful and impactful. Props again to Mariuca, Carl and the writer Richard.

• Black Man
    Black Man
    Bttt!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The story compelled me to send her a note some months ago. Very cool lady. Thanks for the link.
  • Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Thank you for refreshing the OP as I have enjoyed the read. Some people have some trials, do they not?! What courageous and creative people!
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    A very moving wonderful real-life love story.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Good experience. Its shocking the way she was treated at bethel. It reaffirms how much this religion is about control and power over women. They do seem like they belonged together and found their peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit