Have You Given Up on JW Friends or Family Ever Seeing The Light And Getting Out?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I've learned to realize that their value as human beings depends on who they are, not what they are. Whether or not they leave does not make them "good" or "bad" people. Whether or not they leave does not make them more or less deserving of love and respect. So I haven't given up on them, but I have given up making their WT status more important than my family members.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

No, I haven' t given up. I am still hopeful, but am limited in my efforts. One is in a F.L.G., pioneering,working and learning a language and the other pioneering working, home- schooling and taking care of her family.

They are kept so busy by their schedules that they haven' t any time to think. But you just never know what will wake up a person. Gotta have hope.

• minimus
    minimus

Love hopes all things.

• clarity
    clarity

Pretty much given up.

>

I am wearing out...... can not take the smug shun from them.

Like I have done something wrong! Like I am the bad guy...all the time.

>

Hate the gossip....you just know it is there!

Staying in this o f f o n situation is sucking all my energy

right down the drain! I really do feel sick now. Wish

I had let it all rip...right at the start!

>

While we wait for these ones to wake up...we don't

fight back, we try to make peace, we try to ignore insults!

>

There is a fully loaded semi-trailer bearing down on me now.....

with a red logo on the drivers door... "NO MORE SHIT" ...

clarity

• StAnn
    StAnn

Minimus, you are right. But I've become hopeless regarding my loved ones. I know it's possible but I think it's highly improbable. My mom is 77, how much time does she have left to own up to her errors?

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I don't know about my mom ever getting out... too heavily invested in years, friendships, saving face, etc.

My little sister, yeah, I want her out, but it's her life. Given up? Nah, I don't give up well on anything.

• StAnn
    StAnn

HarryMac, I think my mother would stay in just out of pride and not wanting to acknowledge she made a mistake 50+ years ago. She is very stubborn. She is so shallow, it's all about appearances with her. And my siblings?....don't really care. They're all adults and decided to stay in to please Momma. Idiots.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Most of my immediate family left when I did. My mother and brother stayed in. Because I didn't want to jeopardize being able to talk with them, I never actively challenged them. My mother tried to talk me back in, but when I had questions she couldn't answer, she eventually gave up.

My brother has never asked me about my decision to leave, and I have never asked him why he stayed. If he had ever shown any interest in discussing it, I would gladly have accommodated him.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have reached out to a few ,I would say good strong "freinds" of many many years , we had in the religion ,without even mentioning religion ,and no one has responded or tried to contact us. So I dont try anymore

smiddy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yes I have.

They will only ever come out if they truly want too. I have made contact again with 2 friends that faded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit