DF'd ones--? about your JC

by gma-tired2 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Why I am asking. I went back ànd I was reading Butterflyleia past posts. She mentioned one on the Elders on her JC was df'd later.

This got me to thinking how many others had this experience. My Son was DF'd 18 years ago. One of the elders on his JC was DF'd within a couple of months, he apparently been committing adultry for a while. To me this proves that JC meeting are not holy spirit backed.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

gma-tired2: To me this proves that JC meeting are not holy spirit backed.

Yes, they are most definitely NOT backed by any alleged holy spirit.

This is just one piece of abundant proof in that regard. Excellent observation.

• label licker
    label licker

We'll let you know. Ours is coming soon.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's more proof that Holy Spirit is conspicuously missing from JW Judicial Hearings.

As a former elder, I was asked by a disfellowshipped individual I know to help her write a Reinstatement Request. Mind you, she absolutely, positively and without any doubt no longer believes in the religion. She is convinced that WT leadership is a group of corrupt hypocrites that have damaging teachings and spout lies.

She only, and I mean ONLY, wanted to be reinstated so she could associate with her family members.

Together we wrote a letter. The elders received the letter, subsequently met with her and approved her request. All during this time she continued to engage in the activity for which she was originally disfellowshipped. She consciously determined to lie to the elders about it because she figured it was none of their fucking business!

BTW, I was disfellowshipped while I helped her with the letter.

What does this tell you about the JW's "judicial" process?

Things like this go on more often than you might think.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Label-licker my son says his life is so much better after he was df'd. He has moved on and surprisingly he is in touch with more JWs that were his friend and who still are but behind Elders backs. The doubts are definitely out there among JWs. His friends are mostly in their 40's

• zeb
    zeb

The mention ofthe holy spirit here brought a memory up. In the KH about three years back iheard a talk in which was mentioned the resurrection and this:

'That brothers would get the word from the RESURRECTION COMMITTEE of a resurection to take place and to have a room ready in someones house to receive this person.' not a quote but close.

I nearly fell off my seat! This thinking is userping the holy spirit!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

That is funny JC with holy spirit. The elders only have a little power and that is in JC meetings that last 30 minutes. That is it.

Hey here something see where your three elders live then go to their neighbors. State to the neighbors that your doing some investigation and wanted to know if you ever heard anything strange from their neighbors. Neighbors tell all.

Did you mean Holy crap? I am sure the Jc are knee deep in holy shit. Backed by holy shit.

You do realize elders discourage people from getting reinstated during those meetings? They try to see if a person is under mind control. They kindly mess with the person head and find any reason to not reinstate.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I had three elders at my JC - I heard through the grapevine one died, one stepped down because all his sons got disfellowshipped for adultry or fornication and the other one *shrug* was an ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit