Dating Sites

by LouBelle 13 Replies latest social relationships

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I will admit that I have joined two a little while back just to see what kind of a response I would get. It is so difficult to meet new people in that: 1) work - there are now 4 men in all - 2 married old cronies and 2 younger guys that are just a no. 2) I have a lot of gay friends so when we go shake our bom boms it's usually at a gay club - 99.9% of the men there are gay 3) Friends of friends are usually involved. 4) Because I'm a full figure girl, no greek god, or any other male will take a second glance at me or come up to me while I'm having a coffee and slip me their number....

so....put up a profile - on the one site I have to admit I got a hellofa lot of interest.....all in no strings attached sex, threesomes, such kinky stuff that - well ja there is just some stuff I won't do.....The only pics men want me to send is of my woman bits and pieces, and the pics I get are just of penises (plural peni??) I'm no prude and I have a view healthy view on sex and would definitely like a lot more of it But these guys just don't want to go for a chat or a coffee - They want to get it on straight away and I just don't think I'm that type of woman. I don't mind a bit of kissing on the first date but aaaaaanway

Thus my conclusion = disaster experience so far.

• Glander
    Glander

You have a lot to offer a decent man. You are right to avoid the meat market creeps.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Not all of them are like that.

Try match.com, and even an older one Dateline. They match people on their profile and compatibility.

I know people who ended up married, and every body said they had at least one date with a person who was not boring, even if it came to nothing.

You are in a dark place at present, and though you said you are starting to feel a bit better, I would hold off dating for a little while. If you are not reasonably happy in yourself another person will not give you that.

Love will find you, when you least expect it.

HB

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lou - it's obvious that you've joined the wrong dating sites - or are responding to the wrong guys that are on there.

I joined one or two dating sites a few years ago, and found that when I narrowed down the crowd, it left me with only a handful of choices to respond to (smokers were eliminated).

It took time (many months actually), and many outings and coffee shop visits until I found the one gal that I ended up marrying.

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Hang in there - don't 'settle' for a toad, and you'll do fine.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. You have to like yourself for who (or what) you are, before you can expect someone else to. It's difficult to do, but if you don't, no one else will.

• Glander
    Glander

" You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince..."

hopefully, you won't get genital warts.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

lol

yeah there are a lot of frogs and no I won't settle - haven't yet.

I think your advice to hold off is correct....I need to get better first.

I think South African men have the beach babe in mind - they are very picky..... :/

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good luck on your online dating adventure LB - there are a lot of good people out there doing this and making a good profile on the right site is key IMO. It worked well for me!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LouBelle:

This is part of the reason why I would never have the patience for computer dating sites, but I won't judge anybody else.

So, the bottom line on certain sites is them wanting pictures of yours and his? Yuck! As for any guy who imagines that an intelligent woman would be attracted by only seeing a picture of somebody's whozitswhatsis, I got news for them. I would be every bit as interested in what it was attached to and what kind of brain sits at the top!

For this kind of grossness you could just walk into any bar.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I will admit to eHarmony. Matched - no way, Jose. Men don't understand that a little manners and sweet talk lands a woman in bed but rude, aggresive behavior leads to lonelienss and masturbation. I lived in the area shown in the film, Taxi Driver with Robert de Niro and Jodie Foster. The prostitues were so thick. They were so ugly and disease. It certainly had no glamour. Sultry or sexy-these women were not. They had only a few weeks to live. Their diseases were so evident. Yet I saw middle class men drive up and use them. When men are too forward, I refer them to my neighborhood. Give them a few dollars extra drug money and they will do anything.

Someone paid off the police department and we started to have law enforcement so they are not so bad. It was so funny. The New York Post ran a front page story on "How A City Dies." I glanced at the newsstand and did a double take. It was my evil house! The next day the FBI, DEA, and NYPD boarded up the evil house. All it took was money for a publicist. Plus, the bribe money.

My favorite is men who give me my share of the check which might have a .75 ginger ale on it. They get their 75 cents but they don't get anything else. It is good bye. I am worth a 75 cents expenditure.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Men don't understand that a little manners and sweet talk lands a woman in bed but rude, aggresive behavior leads to lonelienss and masturbation

well i'd like to find the men who do not understand it....frankly i'd like to find the women...my experience is there are still far more women who find nice guys boring.

i am a nice guy...and i am far from boring...if they would only stick around long enough to find out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit