what does this verse mean?

by evangelist 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• evangelist
    evangelist

Can someone from JHW tell me what this verse means to you?
    I ask other JHW and they told me this true God is the Father God but if you read and study it carefully you can see plainly that The Son Jesus is the true one and only God Jehovah.
    What do you think?
    1Jo:5:20: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal l

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Why don't you try asking at a Witness forum?? *gives you a cookie*

• COMF
    COMF

It means that we are all God ("and we are in him that is true").

COMF

• dedalus
    dedalus

It means whatever the hell you want it to mean.

Dedalus

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ

Sounds like gay sex to me.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Hi,

This is a link in which you can find answers for a lot of question about the trinity.

http://www.reslight.addr.com/l-trinity.html

• Imbue
    Imbue

EVA, I really hate inaccuracy. You claim to be a TV evangelist in Germany. And you do your research in a chat room. You must not be considered an academic.

Why don't you go to the Watch Tower and ask them what they teach? Maybe you don't want an accurate view but just the opinion of a few anonymous individuals.

Will you tell your followers where you did your research.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• allen
    allen

it"s a goodQUESTION AND ONE THAT PROBABLY NOT TO MANY FOLKS EVEN THINK ABOUT THI SCRIPTURE MEANS THAT AS ADOPTIVE SONS OF GOD

WE ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH HIM AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST AND THOUGH NOT SPOKEN, CHRIST JESUS IN REVEALING THIS MESSAGE TO JOHN WAS GIVING HIM THE ASSURANCE THAT HE WAS NOT ONLY AN ISRAELITE, BUT ALSO A" SPIRITAL ISRAELITE"

AND AS MANY THAT ACCEPT THE DEATH BURIAL AND RESURECTION OF JESUS THEY TOO

WOULD ALSO BECOME ADOPTIVE SONS OF GOD ,ALL IN AGREEMENT ALL OF ONE MIND AND AS SONS OF GOD, WHEN WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TESTIFY THAT JESUS IS LORD WE MUST DO SO.FAILURE TO DO SO WOULD BE FOR OUR PART DENYING HIM , AND NO ONE WOULD EVER DENY HIS FATHER OR HIS FAMILY , WE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS ON A HUMAN LEVEL. IT WOULD NOT BE NATURAL TO DENY OUR OWN AND LIKEWISE GOD WILL NOT DENY HIS OWN EITHER. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE. HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE NONE THAT DISAGREE. LOVE YA: ALLEN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit