This was really interesting!!! Don't jump all over me if you spot an urban legend, guys. It's just interesting........okay?
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for
almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day
could significantly ease back and joint pain 7. A mere 2% drop in body
water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon
cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two
gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be
gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl
and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric
acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper
with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of
Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking
pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham
is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the
Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load
of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The
Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from
For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck
must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the
engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
Marilyn (aka Mulan)
"No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers