"You Must Believe As We Do" - JW Elder

by stevieb1 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

Dear all

I am currently having visits made on me by the elders,who are trying to help me "unbelieve" the things I have learned to be true from the Bible, which naturally contradict WT doctrine.
    As well as asking me "where else will you go" they said that members of the public walking into a Kingdom Hall expect all within it to be Jehovah's Witnesses holding firmly to their doctrines and not holding divergent viewpoints like I do. They said it would not be proper for someone to hold a belief that was contrary to the Society and still be expected to remain a JW, even in name only.

I have stated to them that I can no longer preach the WT version of the "good news" so they automatically assumed that I am not obeying Jesus' command to preach.

I am in a bit of a predicament as you can see. They also assumed that I cannot say "Amen" to a prayer from the platform that might mention "Jehovah's organization" or "slave class" and such-like. Even some of the songs I find that I cannot conscientiously sing.

On the plus side I have given some of the elders photocopies of portions of Ray Franz's books, so can I ask that your prayers are with them that they too can see Bible truths that I have come across?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

StevieB,

It's a tough spot to be in, so why do you stay in at all? Just curious.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• d3681
    d3681

dont go alone to met with the elders. bring someone else with you that has found freedom in Jesus!
    get over the fear..its Satan's way off contrlling you-fear in any form- even fron the elders! love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit