Bible Students

by LucidSky 17 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Yes, this is Rolando. I've been on many boards during the years, so forgive me if I don't recall you.

Hoo, here I am, just e-mail me if you want to talk.

• anewperson
    anewperson

Hoo, just start your own Bible Study Group independent of both the Watchtower and Dawn Bible Students. Many have. For example here is one that began in Nigeria but is now also in the United States:

THE MAIN GOAL OF "GOD'S KINGDOM SOCIETY" is to peacefully tell the Good News and organize for Jehovah's Kingdom under Jesus Christ. This is done with free public lectures and publications, occasionally by TV and radio, and sometimes by street corner and home witnessing. All such evangelizing, currently mostly in Africa and Western cities, is done by male members while female members contribute by charitable deeds and building stronger families. Members agree that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 and Armageddon will come although no one knows or can truthfully set a date for when. After Armageddon our planet Earth will be restored to Edenic paradise and surviving humans will also eventually be restored to perfection, all to the great glory and praise of Jehovah. The 144,000 number for those serving with Christ from heaven is not literal and not filled. Tolerance and neighborliness need to be given those of other beliefs, but although many group say they are Christians or for Jehovah their fruits show to that to the contrary are cleverly misled by the devil who is a wicked spirit. Although the Bible speaks of women such as Miriam, Deborah, Anna and Hulda as religious leaders, prophetess or preachers such references are believed due to misunderstandings as when Deborah is called a judge over Israel but this may have been in only an honorary non-literal sense. Racism is opposed. Hell is not a literal place of fire but sleep-like death for unconscious souls. Only knowing adults are given baptism symbolic of their dedication as Christians.

Sunday service is simple. It begins with the opening cry of "Hail Jehovah and Jesus Christ!" that members commonly use to greet each other, and next come sermons or exhortations, announcements, songs of thanksgiving, the ending cry of "Hail Jehovah and Jesus Christ!" Songs are usually accompanied by organ music, may be traditional or modern African and Western songs. Most meetings are in English but with allowances for those of other language groups. Members do not partake of the Lord's Meal (Last Supper), prayer is done standing with eyes open, women cannot wear men's clothing or dress provocatively and must wear a head covering, women do not speak during worship or sit in the altar area, men sit on the right of the altar and women on the left. There are Wednesday night Bible Study meetings lasting 1 ½ hours for men and a separate timed meeting that night for the women, and other possible Bible studies. Membership is free and as easy as agreeing to the beliefs. Donating is encouraged, and much joy comes from Christian helping of the needy. A Youth Assembly with fun activities (Bible quiz, drama, music, sports) comes each August, Freedom Day concerning Jesus' birthday is in October, the highly spectacular Feast of Tabernacles in December. There are also special fellowshipping conferences for ministers (June), lay members and women (both Mar-Apr).

Major GKC Bible Study groups gather throughout Nigeria, Monrovia in Liberia, in Europe including London, as well as in the United States in Detroit, Michigan and Decatur, Illinois. The world headquarters is at Warri or Salem City, Nigeria in the Delta Province. GKC was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 1934, by Gideon M Urhobo. He was President 1903-1952, is considered a saint and a Spirit-annointed witness for Jehovah and Jesus Christ. Although he studied with and distributed some publications of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society over Jehovah's Witnesses by helping WBTS representative W.R. Brown, he was in fact always and foremost for Jehovah God Himself and Christ not the WBTS. From its founding GKC has pointed out that the WBTS has proved itself a false prophet many many times. Even prior to the WBTS's wrong predictation that 1975 would bring Armageddon, "after the eclipse of the sun on Tuesday, 2nd May 1947" JWs poured into Nigeria's towns and villages proclaiming Armageddon's imminence http://www.waado.org/UrhoboCulture/Religion/Erivwo/HistoryOfChristianity/Chapte\rSeven.html) Because of Bible precedent, it being legal and culturally accepted in many African nations including Nigeria, GKC has also differs from the WBTS in allowing polygamy there. After Urhobo's death, Ebenezer Otomewo contributed toward much growth as President 1952-1997. And in September 1997 Emmanuel Oseghale Aighalua, an attorney, became President at age 39. There are other GKC officers and Executive Board members. Just two of the GKC's main websites are http://www.gkschurch.org[email protected] (London) and http://gksmountain.com[email protected] (Nigeria).

• hoo
    hoo

Hi! Rolando,

May God's holy spirits be with you.

To know my beliefs, just read some of my posts in the forum below.

http://pub41.ezboard.com/fbeyondjehovahswitnessesfrm11

I am looking for friends with similar faith. I have faith in bible BUT NOT RELIGION.

In time, I believe I will get to know you well.

Regards,
    Hoo of Malaysia

• RR
    RR

Okay Hoo, I look over the forum, what name are you using to post?

YOu may want to go to . http://www.aimoo.com/biblestudents

• butalbee
    butalbee

Lucid--You can email me anytime........................Got any shirtless pics?

• hoo
    hoo

Rolando,

My username is hoo.

Regards,
    Hoo of Malaysia

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Lucid
    She was from Regina, i think.

I find your comment...

I feel you should marry someone who is approximately close to your own religious beliefs and level of enthusiam. Not because "that's how it should be" but because it will cause fewer problems down the road.
    ...interesting cuz it seems to me that many people think "approximately close" to that way and they try to sort of control or limit future problems in this fashion. In my experience...it usually doesn't work without hurting or at least stifling one or both parties in the long-run.

People and their beliefs do change, perpetually! weeee!

Now,,,'i' like change...& would be bored to death if
    life always stayed the same or my 'mate' was entirely too predictable...so that's kewl...
    but what happens if i m..m...marry (gulp*shudder)
    someone with "similar religious beliefs and enthusiasm"
    and then one or both of us change??

well, unless both change and grow together...accept & celebrate each others differences...well...yikes...too bad...so sad...end of luv story.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i kinda think
    a relationship with close religious beliefs and enthusiasm levels
    is highly susceptible to problems!!!! Equally if not more so than one wherein these "conditions" don't exist and differences are celebrated, appreciated and welcomed.

So that's part of the reason i can't buy into the
    philosophy that religious beliefs should dictate the
    person i should m...m... u know, be with.

I have had much healthier relationships
    (psychologically, emotionally and spiritually)
    with people that i am very different from
    than with people that i was too similar too.

There was more respect, more genuine/unconditional love there,
    than existed with other relationships wherein the love
    was based upon, or felt 'conditional' to shared beliefs
    and enthusiasm levels....

It's scary to me cuz it sounds like such a relationship would be just that...too conditional...

Maybe i'm off on a tangent...i'm not attacking u,,,just venting on this topic...pls understand...u r talking to someone that just left a place that gave "love" proportionate to enthusiam levels and now "withholds" their "love"...based on conditions of belief.
    I think religion as a whole does that.

I don't know...just how broad did you mean for the word "approximate" to be anyway? ie. christian & atheist? or Jdub & Baptist?

That's the part i really find interesting...and i'm still learnin'!

SPAZ

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Hey Spaz.

I was told numerous times, "Marry only in the lord [= JW's]. It will just cause problems down the road for you and them if you don't. Your faith could be wrecked." I was never taught to see it any other way.

You're absolutely right. I can think of a personal example already. Thanks for the change of perspective.

"If you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things." - H. Simpson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit