• COMF
    COMF

It is all in the bible, isn't it?

No.

• hoo
    hoo

Dear COMF,

May you have peace.

Because a group had predicted 1975 to be the year of The Great Tribulation, many had suffered and lost faith in God totally. There was much sinned in causing so many to stumble. Only if the group had listened and obeyed the scriptures in Mark 13:32-33, we would had avoided so much sufferings.

"Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is." Mark 13:32-33.
    From the above scriptures, we are admonished not to set a date but to keep expecting that The Day of Great Tribulation will comes at any time. Even Jesus himself does not know the date, Only Jehovah himself knows. So it is wise on our part not to speculate on the date.

Regards,
    Hoo of Malaysia

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

i was there too! and i do not understand how anyone that was a jw in those days,could now turn around and say that the society did not say the end would come in 1975. all the citations above, clearly show it to be so... dissimulation is so close to hypocrisy.

such a person must be really screwed up in their brain.

and i clearly remember, nathan knorr giving a talk to elders in the greenacre assembly hall in sydney, in 1975 and saying, that he did not see that all the things that the bible said had to happen, could possible happen in the remaining months of 1975.

for most of us... this was the first 'admission' (officially) that the end may NOT come in 1975.

ask all the brothers that sold up houses*** etc. and tried to serve faithfully to the ....end!!!! which did not come.

the circumstances of these families made me feel very sad!!! - i see the name of the son of one family in the attachments to this site...and feel sad all over again!!!!

so now near to 27 years after 1975...have they learned ? NO!!!!! or maybe they have learned that the best way to stop people from thinking is to make it an offense to think!!!!!

and this is not the first time... an old lady i became friends with while pioneering in newcastle nsw, told me of her experiences when under the influence of 'idiotic' brothers, here family sold their house in 1918.

• curlers
    curlers

I was 15 in 1975 and agree with the last poster that anyone that was a JW then can't say now that the WTS didn't say the end would come in 1975.

My dad and grandpa are elders from way back and grandpa was buddies with Fred Franz and the family knew Nathan Knorr. At all conventions, the pot was stirred with excitement that the end was coming in 1975.

What some don't understand is the damage this caused especially to children. My 5yo brother was told he'd never start Kindergarden. My 13yo brother was told he never go to high school. Me, at 15, was told I'd never graduate high school and being a led sheep led me to not really achieve academacially in school since it wasn't worth anything in the New System. It generated a high level of fear that 27 years later I still have problems with. It was terrifying to think of the fiery, buildings collasping, ground opening up end of the world. It's cruel the psychological trauma inflicted on people especially kids. Talk about a downer. JWs rob childhoods. That was 1975.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

What I find MOST offensive about the WTS pronouncements on the 1975 date is their denial that they promoted the idea at all. Their take on it is that the brothers out in the hustings drew their own wrong inferences and impatiently ran ahead of the society. Well to that I say, "BULLSHIT"!

The local elders, DO's and CO's and the crowd in the JW headquarters worldwide are despicable liars when they spout pap like this about 1975. I'm now 53 and while I have made the best out of my life given the mental poison I was exposed to for the first 34 years, the damage was done and especially so with the 1975 debacle.

My all of those bastards rot in hell.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Musky,

I was really there in the late 60's early 70's and you apparently were/are just plain ill-informed or are too young to remember it clearly. True, there is no Watchtower article stating clearly that "the big A will begin at 12:45 PM on Oct.10th 1975" but the Watchtower Society knew/knows how to generate excitement among the rank and file by "code dating", that is, setting up well known markers such as the 1914 generation age limit, the 6000 years since man's creation, combined with constant harping about the so-called fulfillment of End Times signs.

All these events, by the Society's own promotional estimates, culminated at the 1975 target and this was no accident but planned by the higher ups at Headquarters. In the late 60's the 1914 generation were said to have been at least in their mid-teens or older so they would, "be of an age to understand the importance of the events of 1914". This made even the young teenagers of that era to be in their 70's by the mid 1970's putting them at the "upper limit of man's appointed time". This seems even funnier now nearly 30 years later when the Society made the claim that this same "generation would not fade away before the fulfillment of these things", since even the youngest among them would now be over 100 years old. The same goes for the 6000 years since "man's creation" since even if we grant that it took a rather dim-witted Adam several years to figure out that there were no animals suitable to be his mate before the last creation of Eve. The Society's publications said at the time that such a realization would have taken a few months at most rather than the 30 years+ needed if such mythical nonsense were true.

In short, the Society, through their own publications and service staff, certainly did promote the mid-70's as the absolute limit of possible big A dates. Some quotes I recall said that we might actually be in the 1000 year reign of Christ by 1975. After being a real JW only a fool would believe that the individual congregations were running ahead and/or over stating this date on their own as "unity" and subjection to authority are key features of continued association with the Watchtower Society for individuals as well as congregations. No congregation would last a month promoting anything not directly approved by the Watchtower Society. There would have been a huge shake up if "the big A in '75 promotion" had came from individual rebel congregations or individuals period. People are DFed for much less than this so the scenario/excuse you envisioned is just not possible (which you must know if you were ever a real JW). Your ability to deny these date promotions for The End Of This System is more proof to me that the Watchtower Society is a cult capable of changing history in the controlled minds of its members/victims.

• JT
    JT

you are correct , whenever the wt wants you to know something they make it known by repeating it over and over.

just like when russell first heard someone say that he was the FDS

he should have rennouced that title in the very next issue of the wt stating that he was not some fullfillment of bible prophecy,

instead he let the rank and file jw continue to call him the FDS

same with the 1975 issue

instead of printing an article to stop it they did the opposite

BY printing this blockbuster

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO 1975"

FOR JW LIVing in the backwoods and other out of the way places , perhaps many of them didn't even know that THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE LOOKING FORWARD TO 75 with any meaning

well after this article IF YOU WERE NOT LOOKING TO 1975 AS HAVING ANY MEANING --YOU CERTAINLY WAS NOW

dsa

• JT
    JT

What I find MOST offensive about the WTS pronouncements on the 1975 date is their denial that they promoted the idea at all. Their take on it is that the brothers out in the hustings drew their own wrong inferences and impatiently ran ahead of the society. Well to that I say, "BULLSHIT"!

########

YEP them there brothers in them Hills came up with that date== smile

• JT
    JT

After being a real JW only a fool would believe that the individual congregations were running ahead and/or over stating this date on their own as "unity" and subjection to authority are key features of continued association with the Watchtower Society for individuals as well as congregations. No congregation would last a month promoting anything not directly approved by the Watchtower Society. There would have been a huge shake up if "the big A in '75 promotion" had came from individual rebel congregations or individuals period. People are DFed for much less than this so the scenario/excuse you envisioned is just not possible (which you must know if you were ever a real JW). Your ability to deny these date promotions for The End Of This System is more proof to me that the Watchtower Society is a cult capable of changing history in the controlled minds of its members/victims.

########

this is the point i always bring up- NO WAY IN HELL would a bro be allowed to stand before 15-20,000 jw and make a statement at District conventions, Circuit asseblies and week in and week out in local congo and not be DFed for Apostasy

yet not one BRO WAS EVER DFED FOR ADVOCATING THIS FOOLISHNESS

• new boy
    new boy

"recently researchers of the bible have RECHECKED its chronology and found that man's first 6,000 years WILL end in the mid-seventies-a fitting time for Jehovah to usher in a sabbath millennium for his creatures."

[10/15/1969,p.622-623]

Your are right they never really said it.

"Since there is such a short time left, study NO longer then SIX months with a prospective convert"

[5/15/1969,p.312]

they never really give a date!

"...there are only about NINETY months left before 6,000 years of man's existence on earth is completed..."

[Our kingdom Ministry, 3/1968,p.4]

But they nevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver really say it.

We were the problem, the damn JWS jumping to conclusions, again!

I think Hitler never really said "I will build death camps and kill all the jews I can get my hands on"

Connect the dots, thats how they taught us, fill in the different statments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit