shadow boxing

by almostwhole 15 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

when do we say enough is enough and get on with it?(life)

You stopped?

• almostwhole
    almostwhole

No,did not stop, but can't help feeling sucked dry inertia whenever dwelling on past wasted time

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    No,did not stop, but can't help feeling sucked dry inertia whenever dwelling on past wasted time

yet you're doing in now

..welcome

even after everything
    you're the queen and i'm the king
    nothing else means anything

• COMF
    COMF

I understand.

If you break a leg bone, you can rest and heal that bone without any feelings of guilt. But a guy often feels guilt when he pulls a muscle in his back and has to lay off work for a while. The difference? You can see a broken leg.

Our damage as a result of time spent in the organization is not immediately visible. That does not make it any less real, nor any less in need of time for healing.

Many people come here to heal. And healing involves tending, treating and observing our wounds. Healing comes over time. Some get it faster than others. It takes as long as it takes.

I've been on forums like this one since the beginning of 1997. Only in the past year have I reached a point where I felt like I didn't need this place.

COMF

• Xena
    Xena

I don't think I NEED this place...I LIKE this place I like the feeling of belonging I get here. lol like the song from Cheers says "I wanna go where everybody knows my name" or my username anyway It doesn't stop me from moving on with my life. I have a family, job and friends inside and outside cyberspace, but I enjoy coming here and reflecting, laughing and sometimes arguing with people who understand my backround.

BWT almost I don't chase my tail...but I have been known to chase other peoples!

• Sargon
    Sargon

Like Nathan, I too left 25 years ago. I wish that a forum like this had been available back then, maybe I would have understood better my sense of loss and insecurity. The only reason I'm here now, is not to box my shadow or chase my tail; but to help others I Know rid themselves of the shackles imposed by their association with the borg.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit