Is Napster Home For Demons?

by Englishman 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I remember that in my days as a JW, re-recording a cassette or record was regarded as fraudulent conduct. The idea was that the original artist was being deprived of royalties, so the practise was verboten.

If you were going to make recordings, then record talks at assemblies!

It seems that the downloading of Napster has re-awakened many JW consciences, not only because of its stated purpose of sharing music files, but because of Napsters logo.

So what exactly is that little white face? A lion? A dwarf?

Close inspection of the icon will reveal green eyes, pointed ears and, yes,......... there are definitely two little horns there!

So then, will the Napster logo replace the Smurfs as symbols of demonic influence?

Is the logo a bleached out version of Watchtower Observers Kent Steinhaug?

Are there demons living at Napster?

Englishman - Who faced his demons years ago.

• TR
    TR

Hi Englishman, enjoy your comments, btw.

I'll bet my left nut that the WTS comes out with an article on this very subject in the near future. Either on demon icons or recording.

TR

• logical
    logical

As far as Napster is concerned, there is NO law against it yet. The majority of artists (including myself) SUPPORT it, my tracks are available for free download on there.

Anything not sanctioned by the WTS is laden with demons.

The icon has no horns, he's wearing headphones!

Napster never works anyway

>>> http://www.geocities.com/logical_7/index.html

Edited by - logical on 5 February 2001 11:46:19

• RR
    RR

TR, my condolences ... how will you ever function without "it"?

• ianao
    ianao

Hey logical.

Bravo on your comments re: supporting napster. Good to see that not all artists are money-hungry mongrels and enjoy the art for what it is.

• TR
    TR

RR,

lol! I won't have to function without "it". My prophecy will come true!

TR

• ianao
    ianao

****PG****

Is it not MORE difficult to "get a nut" with only one?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Logical,

Headphones eh? Well, well! I always use Napster, especially for those weird recordings that don`t get much airtime.

My favourite at the moment is "Big Panty Woman" by Barefoot Man, great beat and very amusing.

Englishman.

• mommy
    mommy

Mommy stomping her feet and pouting:(
    I downloaded napster(took forever) STILL can't get it to work!
    wendy

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Funny that you should bring up this topic. Just the other day, as I was gleefully downloading a song by the local band Who ate my Fish, something happened that will change my life forever. I was reading the bible as I commonly do when I am need of a good chuckle, when it accidentally slipped from my claw like fingers and fell on top of my computer. Napster.....IMMEDIATELY crashed. I think the answer is clear my friends......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit