Now believe in the Rapture, just DON'T call it that.

by Lemonp 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

July study article confirms what the March study articles implied.

WT July 15, Your Deliverance is Getting Near, Para 15

Annointed will be raptured BEFORE Armageddon.

I thought it was interesting the difference between the simplified version and the study version

Study: "Therefore, while we do not use the term “rapture” here because of its wrong connotation, the remaining faithful anointed will be gathered together in an instant of time."

Simplified: "We do not use the word “rapture” here to describe this event because of its connection to Christendom’s false teaching. However, the faithful anointed still on earth will be gathered together instantly."

Just DONT say its a Rapture!!

Haha look at your browser tab heading on the page; it says "Will there be a 'Rapture' of the anointed during the Great Tribulation?"

• carla
    carla

So do they have an official re-defining of a word to describe their non rapture rapture?

• pixel
    pixel

Therefore, while we do not use

However,

Code words for now we believe what other churches have been teaching since forever, but we are going to use our own word: The Great Gathering.

Stupid religion. So stupid.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lemonparty: We do not use the word “rapture” here to describe this event because of its connection to Christendom’s false teaching. However, the faithful anointed still on earth will be gathered together instantly.

You nailed it!

They just don't want to admit that "Christendom" had it right all along.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

carla: their non rapture rapture

Too funny!

• blondie
    blondie

I looked this over again and the rapture as non-jws tell me does not require dying bodily.

The WTS says they must change (die) in the twinkling of an eye in that this happens after 1918 when the WTS says those anointed sleeping in death were resurrected and went to heaven. Since 1918, no waiting.

1 Cor 15:

The Resurrection Body
    35But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?" 36You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; 37and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.…

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Here goes the WT again, nitpicking over words and redefining words.

We do not use the word “rapture” here to describe this event because of its connection to Christendom’s false teaching.

Are you kidding me? So let me get this right, they had the same teaching all along and the WT flip flops on theirs and the other guys have the false teaching? This crap is getting too obvious.

This is like them saying, "We don't shun, we lovingly disfellowship our members" or "We aren't against higher education, we just don't recommend it" or any other FAQ on their website! All they do is take a negative word and try to spin it into something less.

I can't wait for a few months after this article to comment and be like "They have the hope of the rapture, I mean..." Make sure to say the rapture but then correct myself every time I have a chance.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Soon, very soon, each of us will face a similar situation. - From same article

This shit just got real!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

the rapture as non-jws tell me does not require dying bodily.

It is these kinds of subtle "hair-splitting" interpretations that cause sects.

Let's be realistic. The whole idea is a fantasy that is none-too clearly elucidated in the first place.

For all intents and purposes, what JWs and many other Christian sects believe on this point is essentially the same. Some minor detail about the alleged process is really not important. The fact that the WT admits that they explicitly do not use the term rapture "because of its connection to Christendom's" teachings proves that the WT writers are clear about that and understand that they are that similar.

I'm sure very few JWs could articulate the difference anyway.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    It is these kinds of subtle "hair-splitting" interpretations that cause sects.

That's the point I never got. Does it really matter? Live a good life and if/when god comes he will tell you exactly what to believe. Why all of this hair splitting when it doesn't matter not to mention changes so often with the JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit