The Anointed and "Grieving G...

by winsome 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• winsome
    winsome

The JWs claim to have some 8,730 "anointed" footstep followers of Jesus Christ among themselves. All supposedly "led by the spirit" as spiritual "sons" of God. (Romans 8:14)

But do we see evidence of such a special relationship with God, as it was with first century christians? Well, one way we can tell whether such a special relationship does exist within the JW Organization, is by examining Ephesians 4:30. It says,

"Also, do not be grieving God's holy spirit, with which you have been sealed for a day of releasing by ransom."

In the New World Translation large print Ref Bible, the footnote on the expression "grieving the spirit" shows it could acceptably be rendered "do not be you saddening" God's holy spirit.

The July 1, 1968 Watchtower pgs. 415, 416 comments on this subject:

"Those in the first century to whom Paul wrote, "Do not be grieving God's holy spirit," were anointed Christians; they had received holy spirit and had been called to heavenly life. To ones of this heavenly class Paul said: "You received a spirit of adoption." That spirit served as a seal or a "token of what is to come." (Rom. 8:15; 2 Cor. 1:22) But what did it do for them while yet on earth? It led or directed them in a life of faithfulness, toward their eventual death and resurrection to heaven. (Rom. 8:14, 17) It helped them to avoid the "works of the flesh," which could lead to God disapproval and complete loss of holy spirit. Also, it helped them to manifest the "fruitage of the spirit" so they could go on walking orderly by spirit and have God's approval. - Gal. 5:19-25"

"Thus, each Christian can consider his conduct and attitudes in the light of what he knows to be the leadings of the spirit as reflected in the Bible and the organization of Christians today. This will aid him to cooperate with the spirit and not veer off on a tangent course that would amount to "grieving" the spirit and that might eventually lead to God's disapproval and the withdrawal of the spirit altogether."

So as the Watchtower points out, this verse shows the "anointed" of God have a very special tie-in with Him. A special interaction between God and the spiritual "son" where his "spirit bears witness with their spirit" to lead them on a course of "faithfulness". A unique ability on God's part to communicate with the truly anointed, when trouble lurks which would endanger their standing of "faithfulness".

When the spirit is "grieved", it becomes a special way for God to INSTANTLY let his "anointed" son or sons know, when they are on the wrong track and are heading for spiritual disaster. It becomes a built-in mechanicism, an alarm system right within the individual spirit-anointed christian, to automatically let him know if he is "off-track" as a christian, in any way.

So by utilizing this method, using the spirit in this special way, Jehovah can communicate DIRECTLY His personal feelings to his "anointed" sons. He can instantly let them know when they are doing bad and have gotten off on the wrong track. His "spirit" can let them know that HE is "saddened" by their wayward conduct. Since His "spirit bears witness with their spirit", He can let them know that He is "GRIEVED" or dissatisfied by their course of conduct. Through His spirit He can communicate His feelings of disappointment, and they can thereby immediately know that something is wrong. And they cease from such works, immediately. Because they now know, they are "grieving" His holy spirit which is upon them. (Romans 8:16)

So when God directly "bears witness with their spirit" to let them know when he is "saddened" or "grieved" by their conduct, this immediately works to prevent any further encrouchment upon the part of his "anointed" sons. This wards off any more bad conduct, and keeps the "anointed" one from going even farther off the track and eventually "blaspheming the spirit". This can happen only if the "anointed", repeatedly ignore His holy "spirit", and fall into a pattern or hardened "practice of sin", of which there is no return to repentance if done over a prolonged period of time. (Hebrews 3:13; 10:26; 1 John 3:9)

So we can ask, do we see evidence of such a special spiritual relationship with the "anointed" among JWs today?

Well, recently we have been made to know that over the past 10 years, the Governing Body of JWs has fostered a "secret" adulterous relationship with the United Nations Organization. A bonifide, established "practice of sin" on the part of the so-called Governing Body of "anointed" among the JWs organization. And during all of this time, no one in the JW's Organization knew anything about it. None of the 8,730 "anointed" footstep followers were made aware of this situation.

But we do know for a certainty that Almighty God knew about it. Now this should make us think, and ponder the immediate ramifications of this perturbing situation.

According to JWs, such an NGO-alliance with the UN is not acceptable christian conduct, but spiritual "adultery". This is according to the June 1, 1991 Watchtower. This article says that the Catholic church wickedly had as of 1991, some 24 organizations directly affiliated with the UN. The article claimed it was spiritual adultery on their parts. However, even while this article was written, during the same time the WTS was secretly applying for NGO status with the United Nations Organization. They were applying for what they expressly condemned the Catholic Church for per their policy toward the UN. In early 1992, they were accepted as a NGO for the UN Organization to work with the UN's DPI. (James 4:4)

This went on for close to 10 years.

In all that time, why did God not communicate His displeasure of this hypocritical situation to His "anointed" among the organization, all during this critical ten-year period?

Why did not God's "spirit bear witness with the spirit" of the "anointed" to alert the 8,730 spiritual anointed sons of His great "sadness" about this situation? (Romans 8:16)

When we look back on what has happened, we discover there exists no evidence that the so-called "anointed" ones in the JWs Organization were ever alerted to this situation, at no time during the whole 10-year period. Why?

Do such circumstances we see among JWs today, "mirror" the functions and special operations of God's holy spirit upon first century "spirit-begotten" christians, who we know were truly "led by God's spirit" toward a course of faithfulness? (Romans 8:14)

This should be a serious cause for concern among those who tend to believe the "anointed" exist among the JWs Organization.

winsome

• SYN
    SYN

Hi and welcome to the board, Winsome. We've been getting a fairly large influx of new people here lately, which is great! On the downside, it does mean that new threads are popping up like crazy...

Your post was interesting. Have you read any of AlanF's stuff yet? That's also extremely interesting. Personally, this + a million other things are the reason I'm no longer a Dub, or even religious at all for that matter.

Unfortunately the ties that bind in the average Witness mind are so strong that they dismiss even this blatantly damnin evidence as the 'work of Apostates'. BLAAAAH.

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• winsome
    winsome

Hello Syn:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Yes, I've read some of AlanF's information at his website. Very accurate and informative.

I don't know what effect this information will have on the average JW, but in my mind they can no long make a legitimate comparison between themselves and the first century christian congregation any longer, due to the UN situation.

Thats my take.

peace,

winsome

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Very interesting Winsome,

If you could condense your post to a one page letter and somehow send it to every "anointed" witness with some non "apostate" references" that they would accept as authoritative prove, you might cause a revolution within the "anointed" community.

I would send along a couple of the WT written responses to the UN scandal. Whether or not they believe the WT explanation does not matter, as it is at least a WT admission that they did join on as an NGO.

BTW, welcome to the board!

Jst2laws

• winsome
    winsome

Hello Jst2laws:

Thanks for the welcome.

Since we are 10 years after the fact, looks like when we got our letter all written and circulated among JWs and we created that much desired "revolution within the anointed community", in the aftermath we'd be forced to say that God's spirit must have "grieved" us apostates first. And after it "grieved" us apostates, we got moving and woke up the "rip van winkle" class of anointed, who then in turn stirred up the Other Sheep in the JW Organization to an uproar.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Yeah, that would mean God's spirit is only "grieving" the apostates. Everybody else in the JW Organization is fast asleep.

Still want to write that letter?

winsome

• Bang
    Bang

Grieving the Spirit.

A son of God - "Hey dad I'm gonna be a JW cause that's the way to be good, and everyone else doesn't know how to please you, they should die"

God - "Aaargh, what have I done, should I have created people? Aaargh, my heart, quick give me those tablets over on the shelf. - Who started this? - where did Satan get to?"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You're probably not expecting this, and neither are the skeptics, but nonetheless I am encouraged to reply...

What you have suggested is correct.
    Direction is given, but the choice is yours.
    If you choose to ignore the Holy Spirit's lead you will know about it!
    If you follow the lead, you will similarly know about it.

I have discussed my exit from the JW's with a number of "anointed", and none have condemned me for it.
    The truth is, I've had more liberty "in the Spirit" since I've left.
    I don't doubt that it was the right move, and I have assurance of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit