Advice please - How dating works in world?

by ekruks 22 Replies latest social relationships

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

"Don't go there trust it won't end well they are virgins for a reason stay away very far away even if you are a true believer. It doesn't matter how attractive they are they are the worst to get along with as they are totally dominating."

I just meant that someone at a church would be cool with an older virgin because there's a good chance they are, too. There are so many religious Christian types who are still holding the v card when they're nearing 30. It doesn't mean they're completely weird. They're just really serious about sex stuff. I know quite a few of them.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Maybe, Running Club Yoga - I'll qualify that - not just because there's so many hotties in great shape. The whole 'My inner light greets your inner light' resonates with me even though I think all organized religion is crap. Much less chance of meeting somebody that lives to drink, etc.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

^ 1.) Running Club OR 2.) Yoga

• Pickler
    Pickler

That's better HarryMac, you had me wondering about a new form of yoga combining running?

Ok, I'm a girl & I will give you my tips.......

1) firstly dont worry about being a virgin, there's lots out there, more than you realise. It's not a big deal. Some ladies would love a less experienced guy, gives us a chance to be a bit bossy!!!!!

2) it's almost impossible to meet someone at a pub/club... Let that idea go, it's too hard

3) the best way to meet people when you are in your 20s is through work. It's easy because there is often drinks on Friday night & you will find it easier to talk to people when you already have work in common. It's easier than talking to strangers. Once you are a regular after works drinker you will be invited to their parties - once there it snowballs.

4) if you don't work with younger people seriously consider changing jobs to move where there are younger ones around you. Where I work the young girls march around on Fridays press ganging all the men into going out with them....

5) join a team sport, dragon boat racing near me is extremely social....there will be things near you. I hear good things about cross fit. Weight training is good for building confidence.

6) volunteer one night a week, at an animal shelter, homeless shelter whatever suits you, just gets you off the couch & out meeting different people. Also good for widening your perspective & giving you something cool to talk about when you do meet someone.

7) dance classes! Seriously, gets you moving with a variety of girls & more confident in your own body, also stops you being all weird about physical closeness with girls!

8) if you are young share housing is a good way to meet people. If you flat share with 3/4 people there's always something going on. Look for share housing near a major teaching hospital, lots of young nurses, they will be glad to have a guy in the house (good security) in a short time you will increase the number of girls you know by 500%

Hope this is helpful!

Good luck!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Wow @ Pickler! Way to be helpful! Awesome points. I think I'll save this as a favourite for if I'm ever single. Or I might stick to the other plan...

"Hi, I'm Harry. I like vaginas!"

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ekruks - yes meeting people in todays' world is tough. I have a very small office and no one here vaguley interests me. There are really nice chaps on here - but too far away. I do go out to nightclubs...but they happen to be mostly gay nightclubs (I have a lot of gay friends and as their fag hag go along and shake my bombom) soooooooooooooooo....what does a girl do? I have signed up to a dating site - OMG! I have seen so many penises or should that be peni? Everyone is looking for NSAS (no strings attached sex) so that would be one night stands, casual, F buddies, threesomes, swinger parties. Oh and they promise you the most mind blowing, body quivery orgasms.....now I'm no prude but I'm not really looking for that. Sure I want to go out and have fun, but I want to talk to you, share a coffee, a meal...and progress to the kissing, touching, feeling and then explosions.

So I remain single....oh and because I'm a big girl - always trying to lose weight - no one is interested in me. *shrug* What to do.

• ekruks
    ekruks

Thanks for your interesting comments!

Do you ever get this feeling that if you went out and about somewhere worldly such as a yoga club, or met up with a worldly girl (or guy), then an elder will suddenly sit down at the table next to you to drink a coffee with his wife, by some amazing coincidence, and have to tell you off in front of others, phone up your relatives, come with another brother to knock your door, etc. Doesn't help me to relax!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LouBelle:

It is really appalling to hear that so many people are looking for no-strings-attached-sex. I'm not interested.

In this day and age of sexually transmitted diseases, I hope these people are wearing a rubber diving suit.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

ekruks - Do you ever get this feeling that if you went out and about somewhere worldly such as a yoga club, or met up with a worldly girl (or guy), then an elder will suddenly sit down at the table next to you to drink a coffee with his wife, by some amazing coincidence, and have to tell you off in front of others, phone up your relatives, come with another brother to knock your door, etc. Doesn't help me to relax!

Hi ekruks, Make a list of where you are most likely to meet JWs and don't go there with non-JWs so that you can relax and have fun. JWs usually don't go to clubs playing loud rock music, gyms, atheltic events, operas, plays, R-rated movies, animated moveis, etc. JWs go to fast-food restaurants, coffee shops, donut shops, KHs, DCs, assemblies, and D2D.

Also, have you thought about growing a beard and not dressing like a JW?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jgnat
    jgnat

My church was socially retarded when it came to dating, so I had no experience either. Their advice to do what I love to do and the right man would come along. This was fatally flawed. I like to paint, read, and engage in other solitary girly activities. The only guys I was going to meet would be hopelessly gay.

I gave up and used a dating service, meeting my JW.

Looking back, he was very adept at setting up dates where we would be sure not to meet up with any local JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit