... you have a PM

by Simon 23 Replies latest forum announcements

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Simon, Is it possible that the PM system could send a message to the receipent's email address with instructions about accessing the JWN PM system?

Regards,

Robert

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    simon - "Please don't make posts to inform people that you have sent them a PM."

...he said without a hint of irony.

• blondie
    blondie

If someone has not responded in 7 days, how could you remind them to check their pms?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I think, it would be okay to say you have pm after the poster post in certain thread.

• minimus
    minimus

Too bad. I seldom get PMs and when I am alerted, at least I can respond.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, it would be useful - not sure if possible - that the top right of the page would show some kind of indication that a new PM has arrived. This would eliminate the need for routine check up of the PMs. I know I don't do it that often.
    Is it possible that the PM system could send a message to the receipent's email address with instructions about accessing the JWN PM system?

Yes, the plan is there will be an indicator and an email (if you want).

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ok, but Simon I've noticed that YOU never respond to my PMs or emails unless I start a thread letting you know!

So YOU will need to be better about responding too, as I've noticed in my less-than scientific, completely informal, observational and based only on my memory survey, that by far the most "XXXX, you have a PM" threads are directed to you.

Is the new forum coming "soon"?

• Terry
    Terry

When I was on the CHRISTADELPHIAN website there were two rather innovative features that I enjoyed.

1.The little MAIL icon would change color if you had a personal message. It would be GREEN if you didn't and RED if you did.

2.You could get an e-mail notice if somebody posted on one of your threads

That was a long time ago I visited that site. I don't know what they have now. Maybe jetpacks, flying cars and teleportation devices...

• moshe
    moshe

Terry, I prefer to get a notification of my PM by hovercraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jBE_GXeyc0

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Simon you had a pm form me several days ago. Shall I PM you about it? ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit