Governing Body on a roll, claiming more territory in spiritual paradise?

by prologos 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

As reported from a recent CO visit talk:

The man with the inkhorn is picturing the Governing Body, who has the task of marking people for salvation Ezek. 9:2,4.

It used to be christ's brothers, the remnant, the anointed, and you better help them* or be a goat as per the Math:25 judgement. * like help that kind old partaking sister finish her territory.

Now it is the Governing Body that needs help in the marking.

The GB was reported to be mentioned about 20 times, in as many minutes, tied to every aspect of the marking ministry.

a loving provision from the GB to grant the privilege to help in their MARKING WORK, on sundays, week nights and other new territories. 30hrs aux pioneering with the privilege to attend the full pioneer meeting.

then let the loving killing begin: verse 6: --virgin, little child and woman--

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Do you know the name of the talk? I have a source who may be able to record it.

• prologos
    prologos

It appears to be a local needs/examining the records talk, probably adapted from an outline with local "data dog"ged in.

but I am not sure other than that this is a verified happening.

• pixel
    pixel

You gotta be kidding.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's not a new teaching.

Highlights from Ezekiel:

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark-the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality-is essential for surviving the "great tribulation." (Matthew 24:21) Anointed Christians, represented by the man with the secretary's inkhorn, are taking the lead in doing the marking work, that is, the Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making work. If we want to retain our mark, we must zealously help them in this work.

Of, course it's revised. The Anointed " class " ain't diddly squat! Now it's just the GB, and you better do what they say, or you WILL DIE! They are loving Ezekiel right now! Just in time for the new WT with the revised hierarchy picture!

organization

• prologos
    prologos

what seems new is that every aspect of the secretary's strokes with the pen,-- and it's helpers every move is now linked, controlled by the 8 acting as one.

one GB ink horner. everthing is a privilege graciously granted by the GB, telling the angels where to strike -- or not -- too.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

oh! bugger, think I'll got sh*t myself !!!!

I'm in deep sh*t anyway, for disrespecting Yahweh's arrangement

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

If God prefers the hypocritical GB and their unrighteousness above me, then I deserve to die. Just think, living forever under their expert guidance. No, rather die here and now. But somehow I think they are reaching out for that pie in the sky. Hopefully they'll get some egg on their faces.

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

There should be no mistaking how the governing body views this organization now. For all intents and purposes, it isn’t really a Christian congregation anymore. It’s actually a fully functioning government – a religious oligarchy, complete with central planners, extensive laws, law enforcement, and docile citizens.

But here’s where they just may get hoisted by their own petard. In times past, the organizational emphasis on the “Slave Class” gave the leadership a bit of an amorphous mystic to it. But now with increased organizational emphasis on the Governing Body (i.e. July 15 Watchtower) as the exclusive liaison between God and man, there are actual names and faces to it. Most JWs know the names of and recognize the GB members. What happens now when future mistakes and bad judgment comes to light? You can’t blame it on some faceless, mysterious group called the “Slave Class”. It’s now a tiny number of distinct, identifiable men who have taken it upon themselves to step up onto the “God’s channel” pedestal. I’ve heard that pedestals get rather wobbly.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Moses splendid insightful post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit