My Grammy is dying....

by diana netherton 23 Replies latest social current

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

She's in her last stages of luekemia. She fell a few days ago and she's going downhill

quickly. She's 88. She has been a shining example of the JW faith for over 60 years...she

REALLY practiced what she preached and I respect her for that even though my beliefs

are so different. She's clinging on to the "new system" belief, and in a way, I am happy

that she has that hope. She has been a foundation for me my whole life...always

loved me unconditionally and never made me feel guilty. So here is a tribute

to a beautiful lady.....my Grammy. XXXX

• Comatose
    Comatose

You are right to respect her. People who believe whole heatedly and actually live it without hypocrisy are to be respected. She sounds like a wonderful Grammy and a fine lady. Thinking of you today.

• clarity
    clarity

Diana .....sorry

>

To Gran ....

clarity

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

I just lost my grandmother last week - a witness to the end, but a damn fine woman as well

i miss her

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm sure that she never thought she'd be 88 years old in this system of things. But at this point, it's best to let her have her "faith" and "hope" and to be convinced that she will wake up in Paradise.

Sounds like both of you have been a "blessing" for the other for many years.

Doc

• Este
    Este

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.....you will see her soon if she passes on.....

Estephan

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Diana,

You are so lucky to have a loving Grammy. I am very sorry that she is not doing well.

Wantarevolution,

My condolences on the loss of your Grandma.

• cofty
    cofty

My condolences to you Diana and to Wantarevolution.

I agree with your sentiments, at that age TTATT would not be a kindness.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Diana

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to hear about your grandmother's condition, Diana.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit