JWs Most Feared Bible Verse

by JCISGOD98 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JCISGOD98
    JCISGOD98

The Jehovah Witnesses most feared Bible verse. Watch Video and don't forget to share with your friends. Skip The Ad and Video Will Begin. visit the link cf.ly/1H22 Copy paste on your browser.

• mP
    mP

I would say all of them. They are scared to read the bible on their own because its very different from their claims.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sorry: No results found for https://www. cf.ly/1H22.

Interesting response MP. I agree. The facts are:

1. JWs do not give the Bible its proper place ( Takes 2 min utes to show this to them )

2. T hey do not interpret the Bible properly ( Eisegesis vs Exegesis - i.e. they impregnate scripture with their own history)

3. T he gospel that JW preach is not Biblical (gospel content, nature of & criteria for salvation are extra-bibli cal )

• biometrics
    biometrics

I don't think they fear any verses bible. If they did they wouldn't be Jehovah's Witnesses anymore.

Instead of fearing scriptures they resort to twisted Watchtower logic and reasoning to 'explain' almost every verse that contradicts what they teach.

• mP
    mP

@biometric

I have found they always run away when you read a scripture literally for them. They always twist and redefine words and insert new ideas. They cant handle what the words reall y say..

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I have red the Bible several times, both with JW,s and on my own. In fact 20 years ago i was un elder in a JW congregation. But reading the Bible more and more, made me very confused. There was so much violence, killing, human catastrophy, and it all came from a very demanding good. Tha Bible itself contains very much what other scriptures such as the hindu Veda verses, The Gilgamesh Epos and even the Koran.

Everytime you try to induce some "holiness" in any of these scriptures, saying that they are the "word of Good" you are in trouble. The texts themself shows their human background. They are often written by strong leaders that wrote them mainly to "frighten" their people, to obey their interpretations of the texts in order to make the people obeydient taxpyers, worriers a.s.f. If the people do not accept the leaders interpretation, they threth them with hell (catolic) or total destruction in harmageddon...(JW,s) Other punishments are mentioned in other scriptures. It looks like the Kings, the presidents, and other forms of leaders must use some old scriptures to stay in control.

Bugbear

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

What Bible have you been reading, poor BugBear? - finding in it all those things as the main contents, I mean?

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

They can't explain their way out of Luke 21:8.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Recently, I have noticed that there are two words, rather than verses, that JWs do not like: 1) Banner, flag, ensign; 2) Spirit in connection with a human.

1) The Hebrew word for “banner” or “flag” they translate as “three-tribe division,” which is rather unique. I really don’t know where they got that from. Why this irregular paraphrase? Oh yes, because they believe flags are evil and from the Devil, reasoning that the Israelites would never have flags or banners.

E.g., And the sons of Israel must encamp each with reference to his camp, and each man by his [three-tribe] division by their armies. (Num 1:52 NWT)

How was the three-tribe division indicated? By banner or flag, of course.

2) Spirit is an interesting one. The Biblical references do not agree with their interpretation of “spirit” so they change the wording, paraphrasing it so that it agrees with their interpretation.

E.g., Then the dust returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit itself returns to the [true] God who gave it (Ecc 12:7 NWT).

This is the Biblical explanation of what happens when you die. JWs insist this is the life force or breath that dissipates, but the Scriptures say differently.

Again Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and ceased to breathe [Footnote: “yielded up his breath”] (Mat 27:50 NWT1960).

Again Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and yielded up [his] spirit (Mat 27:50 NWT1984). The were critizised for this one and had to change it.

22 But YOU have approached a Mount Zion and a city of [the] living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels,

23 in general assembly, and the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens, and God the Judge of all, and the spiritual lives of righteous ones who have been made perfect, [Footnote: Literally “(the) spirits”] (Heb 12:22-23 NWT).

6 And he said to me, These words are faithful and true; yes, Jehovah the God of the inspired expressions [lit. “the spirits”] of the prophets sent his angel forth to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place (Rev 22:6 NWT).

JWs insist the NWT is a LITERAL translation. Why all the paraphrase? Because it clashes with their doctrines.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Matthew 23:13: “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Matthew 23:15: “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit