Sparlock Fiction

by DT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

I was wondering if anyone here is working on Sparlock fiction or other Sparlock artwork. I remember that there was a lot of talk about that last year.

I can't say much right now, but I'm working on a novel that relates to Sparlock the Warrior Wizard and a fictionalized version of the "Summer of Sparlock" and its aftermath. The main character is a person with unusual abilities who resembles the toy wizard in certain important ways. His life suddenly becomes much more difficult and dangerous when the toy wizard makes his appearance.

The novel is based on an original concept by another person who is providing the financial backing. He has also hired a talented artist to supply illustrations.

I should warn you that this is my first novel, so things could take longer than I expect and there will likely be other unexpected difficulties. We appreciate the need to have it edited by professionals.

We are planning on starting a limited liability corporation and will trademark the main character of the novel. We are trying to take every reasonable precaution to avoid any legal problems with the Watchtower Society. When those steps are completed, we can start providing previews of the artwork and the nature of the story.

The story will be more science fiction than fantasy and feature a heavy dose of philosophy, recent scientific theories, history and a reimagining of some of the world's major mythologies.

And of course, there will be some references made to the Watchtower Society and other high control groups.

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. This story is already pretty well sketched out, but there is the potential for other books and even graphic novels so there are plenty of opportunities to explore different ideas.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

First thing, as a fellow writer, when it's complete and before you do anything with it, register it for a legal Copyright.org

• DT
    DT

Good suggestion.

• DT
    DT

Bump

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Try the unofficial Sparlock parody web site. Everything you needed to know about Sparlock the Warrior Wizard and then some...

"To freedom and beyond." - the Testament of Sparlock 7:6

www.sparlock.info

JW LEAKS

• DT
    DT

That is a prett cool site. It's been a while since I've read it. I noticed that they are looking for help with compiling Sparlock fiction. I'm not sure if my book qualifies because it's about a related character, but it would be cool if they could get some submissions to expand the site.

• DT
    DT

I just wanted to make a little update. I have made good progress on the writing, but there is still alot to be done. We plan on producing a trilogy of at least three books.

Here is a tentative description/teaser for the first book. I would appreciate your comments.

"Samuel Parlock is haunted by dreams. He has known no real rest since stumbling upon a piece of alien technology as a young man. In time, he concludes that his dreams represent real journeys through worlds that are not his own.

His dreams reveal a plan that has been in development for centuries, a plan that is communicated across worlds through mystic rituals and religious symbolism.

He gradually discovers that his existence as a traveler between worlds presents one of the final obstacles to turning time, space and the human spirit into mere playthings of an ancient group of immortal beings.

Samuel is already plagued by dreams of his own death in five of seven worlds. Then a certain apocalyptic religion turns his name and likeness into a cartoon parody that is designed to convince young children to obey in exchange for a promised earthly paradise.

He knows his time is running out. He must engage in a final desperate struggle that ignites a fiery storm upon the unsuspecting worlds of mankind. Eventually, he will have to face the question of his own sanity as he begins to wonder if his greatest enemy has become himself."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How about a good war of the wizzards:

Jehovah the dark, jealous, murderous, and evil wizzard, and Sparlock the friendly, helpful, generous almost egoless good wizzard helps Satan in the Great universal issue of who is more powerful by giving Satan a special magic something or other that acts like kriptonite on superman and takes the sting out of all that comes out of Jehovah's bag of magic tricks..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jehovah being the jealous wizzard that has a problem with insecurity and a serious narcissitic personality disorder. Becomes easily pathologically depressed and kills without discrimination very unstable hot head easily blinded by his own ambition to be worshipped exclusivley.

Satan and Sparlock conspire to take Jehovah out of the picture because he is way off the hook and got to be stopped before the whole universe goes out of existance or something like a Dogma ending climax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA3dzBrXYtc

DT,

I hope you don't mind my thoughts on Sparlock, They just kind of bubbled forth when I read your OP, I see it a worthy goal and wish you sucess whatever your creative imagination dreams up.

• DT
    DT

Frankiespeakin, I like your ideas. I do plan on one or more battles between people with wizard like powers.

It's unlikely that Satan will actually exist in this fictional world, but I will have some fun with the various Satan myths. They will be an important part of the story and reinterpreted in such a way that the reader may start to view certain Bible characters in a new way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit