Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-19-2013 WT Study (KNOW GOD)

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Truly amazing to me now that my eyes are opened, the difference between the gospel in the NT, and the WT. In the NT its all about, giving honor to Jesus, salvation only through him, no other name under heaven by which we must get saved, all things through the son, if you dont Honor the Son, you dont honor the father.

How many times have you heard JWs say, Jehovah will judge, when the scriptures say, the Father judges no one at all, but Jesus does! Amazing.

Most of the time, the only time Jesus is mentioned at a JW indoctrination session, is before Amen. Otherwise he as seen as merely a tool to get eternal life, not someone to have a personal relationship with, or to honor or to think too much about. In more and more prayers at the KH lately, the elders will thank Jehovah for the organization, the FDS, the GB, but never Jesus!

He only seems to be seen on the WT at Christmas or Easter as if to say to the public, SEE LOOK!! WE REALLY ARE CHRISTIANS.

By putting ALL emphasis on the Father, they dishonor him because they disobediently do not give deserved honor to the Son.

Try saying too much about Jesus and you will be on the elders Apostate radar, and they are CHRISTian?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Last sentence of par 11: '....be determined to set aside time to read his Word daily. And read each issue of The Watchtower and Awake as well as other Bible-based publications.'

My only problem with that statement is that I'm okay with reading the Bible daily, it has stayed consistent in content for ions of time and is rather enjoyable to read.

The Watchtower and Awake and other WT publications on the other hand have continued to be soo irregular and contradictory in content that if JWs were given a pop quiz on JW doctrine, most if not all would first have to check the CD-Rom library to fine out what the latest update, clarifications and new thoughts are before answering. And thats' only if the CD-Rom library is up-to-date!

My God the July 2013 Watchtower Study magazine alone has close to thirty words and expressions (clarified, adjustment, previously thought, etc) reminding the reader that nothing WT writes is etched in stone but rather is subject to change!

• prologos
    prologos

re $s 9,10, tree illustration:

the tree illustrated on page 15 is the free-standing type, but some time after 1975 the WT BtS stated that these type of trees (read dubs) are useless, not giving good clear lumber. The org prefers close standing, straight, starving and reaching for "new light" types,-- like in tree farms.

that easily fall and are felled when exposed.

Trees are alive only in the cambrium under the bark. the inside can be burned or rotted out, and the tree keeps living so is it with Knowledge aquired by witnesses.

the core, inside, that was formed earlier by all that study of all those bogus books "let god be true--" ad nauseum--- is all rotten away now, and the strength of the whole thing is an illusion.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

BU2B: My sentiments exactly!

As I studied the lesson (and yes, I did, looking up every scripture, looking up the Greek, etc.) it was glaringly obvious that Christ was only mentioned in quoted scriptures. Other than that, there was NO reference to Christ.

For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. - John 5:22,23

• blondie
    blondie

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. More insight because more eyes and minds.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Blondie’s closing comments: ‘Where’s Jesus?’

Leaving-quietly comments : ‘ it was glaringly obvious that Christ was only mentioned in quoted scriptures. Other than that, there was NO reference to Christ.’

Then this cold-hearted statement in next week’s study article on page 23 par 18 as though Jesus Christ our Ransomer is dispensable and disposable: ‘….mankind will no longer need Jesus as an intercessor…..What a wonderful prospect lies before us!’

WOW! What ingrates!!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

5 All of us do well to recall how we

were freed from spiritual slavery and

became one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

-----

This is enough to make me puke in my mouth. I was 'freed' from a life of terrible oppression, eh? Now I can go to several meetings a week, field service, and have 'others happily notice my progress' (birddog me).

So totally opposite of the truth. They are so good at that.

Thanks Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit