How can you tell?

by free2beme 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

....mmmmm.... Nigella.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Most Vegan's I have met. Have a very unhealthy look to them, and yet will just hammer me with their diet and what is and is not acceptable for them to eat. It really is like the JW comparison. I mean, I do not talk religion every chance possible and I do not talk food every chance possible. But those JWs I know do and those Vegans I know do. I like meat, I eat healthy, but I really really like some cooked flesh.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well... Without a scientific study being performed it's hard to say if people became unhealthy AFTER becoming vegans, or they were just unhealthy and turned to veganism for some relief. It appears than many Vegans are too skinny, and sickly looking, but not all are.

I have been a workout nut who worried about what I ate, and what others ate. Those days are gone. I eat in a reasonable manner. I think the stress of worrying about what you eat every day has got to be worse than eating junk food now and then.

We are all genetic mutts, we can't all eat the same things as others, that's not fair but that's life. Again, unless I knew someone in awesome shape that went downhill after becoming a Vegan, I can't really say too much.

I agree, it's annoying to have someone police your eating habits, or make snarky comments about food all the time. Even if you can afford to eat the best food, and do everything right, you are still going to die. You can be in great shape for 100 years old, and you're gonna die and look great in your coffin! If you are unhealthy and miserable, I can see the need to experiment with a diet.

I am no foodie. I could literally take a pill instead of food if it existed. I still can't understand how you can turn down a steak...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I am healthy 90% vegan

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

LOL Found Sheep. 90% vegan. That's like being 90% pregnant.

• free2beme
    free2beme

10% not Vegan is your healthy!

• talesin
    talesin

It all depends on what type of friends you choose. My vegan friends don't ram anything down other people's throats, on facebook or anywhere else.

I am a flesh-eater myself, so have no dog in this race.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit