A new DVD for 2013: The Return of the Prodigal Son

by Oubliette 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I did see it thanks to a link provided to me by a nice contributor in this web-site :-)

The film was well made, although the Al Matthew (extr. weak brother) was overplaying a lot.

I can understand why it will touch many JWs who have been through similar things.

However it was all about trigger guilt and keep the flock... The plot was a modern day adaption of the biblical parable.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Haha, The Return of the Prodigal Son....kinda sounds like Return of the Jedi, or Return of the Pink Panther...

Scene from the new DVD below: A demonic French police-officer persecutes a humble JW street witnessing pioneer for not having a current licence for his 'minkee'

• maninthemiddle
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

There used to be time when they applied the "prodigal son" class to the "other sheep" class.

Some of the anointed were not happy to suddenly work together with the lowly esteemed foot soldier.

So the President of the WTBTS let it be known that he was not happy about that and labeled the anointed the “elder son” class, as were slow to get rid of old and incorrect ideas.

The Watchtower 1943, November 15, page 346

• HBH
    HBH

Ug, I watched it. As others said, the only realistic thing is the fear, guilt, and conditional love used as manipulators to live by bible principles.

One should live by bible (moral) principles because it's good for you, and those around you. It's just that simple.

HBH

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I watched half of this last night. It was incredibly disturbing to see how the older brother relied on emotional blackmail and a completely closed mind. Wow. Will have to watch the rest tonight. The corporate setting was also quite unrealistic. I have worked in corporate settings for 13 years and never seen anyone be forced to work that much overtime.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

How would they portray the prodigal son dumping the friendly co-worker? Hmm, I can only imagine.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I just finished the rest of it. Thank you, WT, for validating why I will not be returning to your book publishing company!

Did I really fall for this nonsense when I was younger? This organization really is only cut out for nuclear families. While they did portray the dad as at least being more sympathetic and reasonable, it was ruined by the daffy, emotional mother. The older brother has anger management issues that are quite alarming. Yet, neither parent thinks this is an issue to address.

Overall, it is just so unrealistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit