The Story of Joe

by dozy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

Thanks for posting this story. It too brought back memories for me. I have always had a problem with pioneers that run around placing magazines but they don't even check up on the ones who are suppose to be their brothers and sisters. I had six surgeries and a hospital stay from an illness and in all that time I had one meal! The GB are to blame for this behavior because they stress the importance of getting the magazines out there and not taking care of their own who need help.

• Mum
    Mum

Surely everyone who has been a JW suffers from guilt of some kind for neglecting family or others we would have liked to spend more time with. You did well, dozy, better than most JW's IMHO.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I "know" that new Service Overseer.

They are everywhere!

Better to knock on the doors of empty houses than stop and encourage an elderly brother.

Arseholes.

Doc

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Surely everyone who has been a JW suffers from guilt of some kind for neglecting family or others we would have liked to spend more time with.

+1 for 'Mum'

It sickens me the way I treated my grandparents like 'worldly people' at arms length after we came into 'the truth'.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Thank you for sharing Joe with us.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Joe may have met my grand pappy! My grand pa was a Rat of Tobruk.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

In a results oriented culture like JWs anything that doesn't produce quantifiable results is held to be of no value. If the wt changed it so you could count time visiting old n sick suddenly the old and sick would be inundated with pioneers. The problem is that human interactions have been reduced to mere data, in this this case what can be counted as hours or placements. When activities are stripped down to a number, things which have intrinsic value such as time spent with a dying man, or words spoken to a sick person become valueless. Such things cannot be quantified as data and therefore are held to be of no value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit