The Pryamid Gravestone

by butalbee 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• butalbee
    butalbee

Russell's Instructions for his funeral
    I desire to be buried in the plot of ground owned by our Society, in the Rosemont United Cemetery, and all the details of arrangements respecting the funeral service I leave in the care of my sister, Mrs. M. M. Land, and her daughters, Alice and May, or such of them as may survive me, with the assistance and advice and cooperation of the brethren, as they may request the same. Instead of an ordinary funeral discourse, I request that they arrange to have a number of the brethren, accustomed to public speaking, make a few remarks each, that the service be very simple and inexpensive and that it be conducted in the Bible House Chapel or any other place that may be considered equally appropriate or more so. (from Watchtower Reprints, 12/1/16)
    for those wishing to visit the gravesite:
    The area is the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. It is in the "Rosemont United Cemeteries at Allegheny, in the Bethel Family plot, according to his request." (Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose, 1959, p. 62)
    The street is named Cemetery Lane. It is where BABCOCK BLVD and MCKNIGHT RD intersect. McNight Rd is a large freeway. There is a Babcock Blvd exit off of McKnight Road. Go West on Babcock Blvd. Cemetery Lane will be a left turn off of Babcock. The pyramid is BEFORE you get to the top of the hill on the left side. You can see it from the road. It is maybe 30 to 40 feet into the cemetery.

• butalbee
    butalbee

So when did the WT stop believing in crosses???

• butalbee
    butalbee

Okay, what happened to the pictures???

• butalbee
  • apostate man
    apostate man

This is just an embarrasing reminder that the Cult started out as a Cult. (shhhh, don't tell anyone) Supposedly my in-law never even knew about the pyramid thing, and she was a witness for 20+ years(and still playing with the Cult).

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

Nice pictures.

So when did the WT stop believing in crosses

Hmmm. well are you aware of the bit of Watchtower History where the president, Rutherford, got put in jail in 1918(?).
    Well after he got released, they had to come up with an explanation as to why GOD allowed him to be put in jail.After all, God should have been looking after him, right?
    So they came up with the answer that the Church at that time was engaging in "false worship", and God put Rutherford in Jail because he was displeased with the church.
    The Witnesses call this the "captivity" of 1917/18.
    One of the "false religious" practises they were engaging in was belief in the cross. So the cross was got rid of sometime after 1918.

Does that make any sense at all!?!?

• butalbee
    butalbee

Nothing about this religion makes much sense to me...

• apostate man
    apostate man

BTW, so what was he arrested for? Any ideas?

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

hmmmm.
    Well that period, 1917 thru about 1920 is a black hole in my research.
    I havent read much first hand material from there.
    But I think you will find they were arrested for sedition or treason.
    The US was at war at that time, and they were speaking out about the corruption of the govt and churches etc.Not being very patriotic.

Not absolutely certain on that one.

I havent perused the famous 1938 "Theocracy/organization Watchtowers either.
    Anyone know a site where I can have a look thru those WTs???

• heathen
    heathen

Interesting post butalbee ,the pictures of the pyramid freaked me out.I'm surprised the wt hasn't tried to remodle the head stone and cover the trail of apostasy that they would now consider (due to new light) the use of cross and etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit