OMG - How Low Can They Go?

by berrygerry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I'm sorry if this has been posted previously, but I haven't noticed it.

This was posted on reddit.

Has anyone seen this moneysuck video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YleE4U_YU

• smiddy
    smiddy

What did C.T.Russell , the 2nd president of the WTB&TS say about financing the preaching work ? That he introduced ?

Something to the effect that if people stop giving willingly without coercion , then Jehovah has said it is enough/finish.

Jehovah Witnesses may not pass the collection plate around at their Kingdom Halls , however they certainly do put the squeeze on the congregants to give , give , give, no end , while they make $ millions in real estate deals and investments.

smiddy

• CloseTheDoor
  • Splash
    Splash

Because singing about it is much more acceptable than coming right out and keep asking for money.

(Although they do that as well!)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I truly hope & pray that record numbers of J.W.'s watch this video, because such overt money-grabbing TV evangelism will definitely waken up huge numbers to the Org's priority of accumulating money & real estate.

This is far more effective than just changing doctrines!

Thank you WTBTS - you are a white-washed grave stone which has been rolled away to reveal what is being covered up! (Matthew 23:27,28)

You are providing genuine hope now - keep it up!!

• done4good
    done4good

Even though I have been out for almost 10 years, this makes me angry when I think about it...

I cannot even think of a parallel, (religious or otherwise), where a song was used to ask for money...

Sick manipulative shit.

Disgusting.

d4g

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

@d4g

Dead right.

I have been reading a lot lately on cults and manipulative mine control, one thing many cults use is music and singing, I wonder when this will be added to their song book.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMFG!!!! 😱

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I am both "happyfied" and stunned by the may broadcast....

"Happified" that this is so blatant that it is inexcusable, and stunned that they are so stupid to do this!

We don't need to bring down the org...they are doing a great job of waking up witnesses ALL ON THEIR OWN!

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

No true follower of Christ should be surprised or shocked at this. The WTBTS as well as all religious organizations are about extracting wealth and money. They all have different ways of getting it. Yet, in the end, they get it.

The Creator of us all does not need our money. The most valuable thing any of us possess is our lives. (Jesus himself was materially poor and homeless!)

When God said, "Let there be light" was money required for that to happen? No! God's purpose and will is going to happen no matter what!

We honor God by giving our lives to him - as his son did - in doing his will, as his son did. All we need to do is follow Christ who will teach us how. (No not follow any religious organizations).

If giving anything we have material to help people, help people. YOU practice being Christ-like. DO NOT give your valuable things to an organization so that they decide FOR YOU! It is YOUR responsibility as an individual to practice what Christ taught YOU unhindered by religious organization. We as individuals do not follow men as our Leader and Teacher, we follow Christ.

My sincere advise is not to allow religious organizations to place themselves over you and convince you to give THEM your money.

DO NOT fall for the trick that your money is being used to build more Kingdom Halls and printing literature! God's will and purpose and the preaching of the Good News WILL be preached anyway.

There is no Good News of the Kingdom message. I challenge anyone to show me in "The Bible" where it is specifically written! I asked many of my former JW Brethren what that message was and I got different answers. The Good News of the Kingdom message has not been given yet. The time is not know, but over 1000 years yet future.

Additionally, why would imperfect men assume that God would have them declare his "prefect" good news message.

In Revelation 14:6, I see that God will select one qualified angel (who I believe is Michael, the faithful Witness) who will be entrusted to declare that message in the future:

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people.

The voices of men and their organizations are being listened to and obeyed today rather than the one The Most High has commanded us to listen to. (Luke 9:35) They all have a common blood vessel: Extracting money.

I am a former 30 year JW (by disassociation) and I think it is shameful when money at these levels are inserted in supposedly doing God's work.

All of the religious organizations - especially the ones called Christian - resemble the money-changers Christ threw out of the temple.

It shows unfaithfulness in God to think that he needs money to accomplish is will. The Devil is clever and more powerful than many think. He owns ALL of the religious organizations. Even the ones that smile at you and use the name of God and Christ.

Look out that nobody misleads YOU; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. (Matthew 24:4-5)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit