Quick update on sharing TTATT with my friend

by Gojira_101 39 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

GOJIRA- You are doing a GREAT job in assisting your friend in opening her mind. Whoever said you are NOT doing a great job is ignoring the results you are mentioning.

On this board we get all kinds of people here, some tend to disagree with virtually anything because it's how they are hardwired- to be a constant " devils advocate " . Don't allow one person's opinion to sway you in the good deeds you are doing for others. Remember it's just THEIR OPINION - nothing more , nothing less. Not the end of the world. None of us here will ever please everybody, nor should we worry about doing so . It's impossible to do anyway, so don't worry too much about it.

You keep on doing what you know is right and don't worry about any naysayers . They might quite possibly have issues themselves they are dealing with which might influence their comments. Keep up the great work ! You're doin' just fine ! Peace out to ya sis , I love your parents ! Chatted the other day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• trebor
    trebor

Gojira,

Regarding the name "Jehovah", you can also reference the Watchtower Society's brochure "The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever."

One point worth noting is on page 7 under ‘God’s Name – It’s Meaning and Pronunciation’, it makes the following statements:

“How Is God’s Name Pronounced? The truth is, nobody knows for sure how the name of God was originally pronounced. Why not? Well, the first language used in writing the Bible was Hebrew, and when the Hebrew language was written down, the writers wrote only consonants—not vowels. Hence, when the inspired writers wrote God’s name, they naturally did the same thing and wrote only the consonants. "

More here: http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2010/03/gods-name.html

• Honesty
    Honesty

w56 10/1 p.591 par.20 Marriage Obligations and Divorce

Sodomy (or the unnatural intercourse of one male with another male as with a female), Lesbianism (or the homosexual relations between women), and bestiality (or the unnatural sexual relations by man or woman with an animal) are not Scriptural grounds for divorce. They are filthy, they are unclean, and God’s law to Israel condemned to death those committing such misdeeds, thus drastically putting these out of God’s congregation. But such acts are not adultery with the opposite sex, making the unclean person one flesh with another of the opposite sex. (Rom. 1:26-32) Yet there is a penalty of disfellowshiping attached to them. They will keep a Christian out of the heavenly kingdom and out of God’s new world, and that means being destroyed like beasts from all future life. "The minding of the flesh means death," it "means enmity with God, for it is not under subjection to the law of God, nor, in fact, can it be. So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God." They cannot gain the prize of everlasting life from him. (Rom. 8:6-8; 1 Cor. 6:9, 10; Gal. 5:19-21) Such filthy things by a mate may make life unbearable for the clean married person and are grounds for separation only, though some courts grant a divorce on such grounds. Such separation does not free one to remarry and enter thus into adultery. Writes Paul: "To the married people I give instructions, yet not I but the Lord, that a wife should not depart from her husband; but if she should actually depart, let her remain single or else make up again with her husband; and a husband should not leave his wife." (1 Cor. 7:10, 11, NW) Only if one of the separated couple committed adultery under the stress of the separation would there be Scriptural basis for the innocent to procure a divorce and be free to remarry.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Who said you did a bad job on the first conversation? Is there a right way and wrong way to have a personal conversation with a friend about their faith?

Forget about that. Just continue to talk to her about what you have learned by asking her questions, and helping her get answers to hers. Since she believes in God, I would offer one small piece of advise. Try to stay away from the "fringe" errors of the WT. They have some pretty serious things to explain in black and white. Even in the past year, they have written some nutty stuff. Sparlock video, havign a surrogate carry your child is now a disfellowshipping offense, ratcheting up the "shun gun" by including e-mail as bad association, the largest award for abuse victim in the united states, the new Oct release of child abuse policy that STILL protects the interests of the organization over the victim, oh and not knowing who the the FDS is for 94 years since they were appointed and all of the questions that brings up such as apostolic succession.

And blood......don't even get me started.

No need to get into images, mason cover ups, or alien probe conspiracies. Pick the low hanging fruit about the society has offered you by just plain being unintelligent.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Mr. Flipper: Thank you. My parents told me about the nice conversation they had with you. I hope one day we all can meet in person.

I learned real quick about some of the people on this forum. Once I realize who those people are, I don't bother replying to them anymore. I'm not losing any sleep over the negative comments :)

I'm just trying my best with my friend. She has been txt'ing me everyday and she just asked me yesterday if I would be willing to talk to another friend of hers who studied with the JW's years ago, but never baptized and now she wants to know TTATT. I actually agreed to talk with this friend of hers because she is thinking of starting to study again with the JW's. I just find it so funny that this person now whats to know about the JW's before she studies again. We will see now what happens with this :)

Gojira

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you Trebor. I will look at this later when I have more time to sit and read.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Thank you Honest! That pretty much is the same article from the 70's I think. It will be good having this article because I can show my friend this...this is one thing she wanted to see when we meet next week.

Gojira

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

problemaddict: Yes on my first post there was a person who said I handled this whole thing badly....Oh well, it couldn't have been that bad if my friend still wants to see more stuff from WT.

Since I know my friend very well, I know what will work with her. She is one who can see contradictions very clearly...she has told me several times when I show her WT article that contradict each other, that if this is "truth" it will not change. So that is my approach with her, showing her the contradictions. Lets face it, WT is full of contradictions!

The blood issue and organ transplants is what she wants to see next. So that is part of the literature I will show her next week.

She is the one who brought up the images....so I'm simply just showing her and letting her come to her own conclusions, nothing more nothing less. If she can see them and this helps her leave WT, then who am I to tell her she is wrong. I'm only helping her along her journey and providing her with what she is asking for.

Gojira

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Gojira_101 - I'm glad you are a college graduate biblestudent was this before or after WT? I'm just curious. I went to college as a JW, but man did I get hounded for doing it, and I was "subtly punished" for it, but I'm so thankful even my ubber dubber strict JW parents encouraged me to go to college. I think those critical thinking skills I learned while a student is part of the reason I was able to see the lies being crammed down my throat.

Hi Gojira_101, I was never a JW. I studied with an elder at the insistance of a former friend, who is a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW. Although my psychology classes helped me to see through the WTBTS's indoctrination techniques, I could easily have become a JW because of my feelings for my former friend and the way the elder sugar-coated (i.e., deceived/lied about) the WTBTS's doctrines on shunning, etc. As Steve Hassan says, a college education will not protect a person from being recruited into a dangerous cult, because of love-bombing and deception until a recruit is indoctrinated.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mind blown
    mind blown

"ABibleStudent: My friend right now is in a very delicate situation and I just don't want her to go on to a site, like wikipedia, if WTBTS has just added their own tweak to a Wikipedia page to make themselves look like God's angels in the flesh.."

-So freggin true! I recall either last year or the year before wiki was accurate about a lot daming information about the WTS. It had even mentioned somthing about the GB member Leo Greenless who was a child sex abuser and the other GB (not Ray) member who was also DFed or lost his position.....(but they left Ray Franz) and deleted the info about the others.......

You know, that's one reason why I truly believe the WTS does come on JWN to spy. There's been quite a few thread qouting from Wiki daming info about the WTS. It's been a year or so since this has happened so it was due to the FDS nu lite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit