What happens before a Judicial Committee?

by jw07 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

I can't get into much detail, but I MIGHT have been caught doing something natural and fun that the GB would have a fit over. (I'm not sure at this point if I was seen). The elders have called a meeting of the entire body tonight, which is strange since they usually meet on weekends.

I've been worrying and sweating like crazy since then, which I think is the programmed JW guilt switch in my mind going off like crazy.

What I want to know is:

Do they usually meet together first to decide who to send to harass you, or do they call 'guilty' parties to a smaller meeting first to interrogate them?

What is the policy in your neck of the woods?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Educate yourself:

Shepherd the flock of god

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8207yh

• cofty
    cofty

jw07 - they should send 2 elders to speak to you. If they think they have enough evidence they will invite you to attend a JC. They are obliged to tell you what the charge is but they might be sneaky about it.

If they lack evidence they will ask you questions to try to get you to incriminate yourself.

Do you want to be JW? If not, don't play their game. If your next door neighbour called round to ask you cheeky questons you would tell him to F. off and mind his own business wouldn't you?

If standing up to them is to daunting then just make yourself unavailable.

• sir82
    sir82

Here is official JW procedure:

If elders receive a report of "serious wrongdoing", they will meet as an entire BOE first.

The elder(s) who received the report explain what was told to them.

The BOE decides if there is enough evidence to form an "investigative committee". They assign 2 elders to be on it.

That investigative committee will then talk to the witnesses of the incident, and/or talk to the alleged "serious wrongdoing" doer.

They hope to get either (a) 2 witnesses to the alleged wrongdoing, and/or (b) a confession from the alleged wrongdoer.

The investigative committee then reports back to the entire BOE. If they have either (a) or (b) the BOE will add a 3rd elder to the investigative committee to form an official judicial committee (only rarely do they not include the 2 investigators on the judicial committee). The whole BOE then votes on who is the chairman.

The chairman then "invites" the wrongdoer to his hanging judicial committee.

If 2 elders suddenly want to have a "discussion" with you, it sounds like the jig is up.

• minimus
    minimus

Reply....expect a good and thorough fu€<£ing by the elders.

• jw07
    jw07

Thanks for all the info so far people!

Damn it! I guess to get my mind at ease in the meanwhile I should start deciding if I want a lethal injection or a firing squad.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Do they have 2 witnesses? If not, you are in the clear. Confess nothing.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Actually, odds are that the local BOE are meeting for reasons that have nothing to do with you. You're probably getting yourself worked up over nothing. Still, it doesn't hurt to be prepared so you won't be caught off guard in the event your paranoia is not unfounded.

Paranoid

• bigmac
    bigmac

I can't get into much detail, but I MIGHT have been caught doing something natural and fun

feel free to go into detail here

on second thoughts----dont. imagination is often more fun.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

If you are accused of "wrongdoing" and want to stalemate the whole process then confess nothing, deny everything and accuse all and any "witnesses" of lying. Have "evidence" in your mind to discredit any accusation and possible testimony. Answer all questions with a 'yes' or 'no' and don't explain anything further. Answer a question once. When it's asked again, reply that you have already answered. Don't let them pressure you to answer. Take your sweet time. You can always reply with "I don't recall." Never talk to an elder or the elders over the telephone. They will be recording your conversation. Never talk to an elder alone - in person, by phone, by email, messaging or texting. Do not discuss this matter with anyone else in the congregation. If you do, it gives them grounds to announce your discipline to the congregation - and increases your chances for being disfellowshipped. You can't cut a deal with them.

Oubliette is correct in refering you to the "Shepard the Flock" book regarding the judicial procedure. This process cannot be found in the Bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit