Why did god make Mosquitos, ticks, and leeches?

by Comatose 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Watkins
    Watkins

One time at a Bible study(wt book study) I mentioned that I'll be 'happy in paradise' to be free of mosquitoes and WEEDS - I'd just weeded our garden and was itchy and disgusted. One elderly sister corrected me - "Jehovah created them for a PURPOSE and declared everything 'good'". That dampened my view of paradise. Nevermind how the ground was supposed to be 'cursed' after Eden...

The op mentioned that mosquitoes, ticks and leeches drink blood, but what about disease? Well, except for leeches - they actually can be used medically I think. 'finally awake' is probably on the right track - we really don't understand the delicate balances of the interdependencies of species.

I don't know, 'comotose'. I'm sad and happy at the same time to say: I just don't know.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Ha Watkins. I like your story. Most don't think as open mindedly as that older sister. Someone still a witness who really thinks about it would be hard pressed to make a reasonable excuse for their existence and paradise.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So just imagine your story about working in the garden and getting all itchy and bit up my mosquitos...except it's paradise and your naked.. That puts some things into perspective.

I agree that we just do not understand the ecosystem of this planet. Just imagine how mosquitos could be used in a beneficial way. They could be used to spead beneficial viruses throughout the planet. Maybe a virus that could alter our DNA for the better. What about nano-technology released via mosquitos? Hmmmmm.......

• punkofnice
  • Heaven
    Heaven

They are part of the food cycle here on Earth.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Maybe he is telling us he does whatever he wants to do.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why did god make Mosquitos, ticks, and leeches?

The WBT$ God needed a Governing Body..

They`re all Blood Suckers.

They`re are a Nuisance and would be Hell in Paradise.

They`re Pests with No Beneficial or Redeeming Characteristics.

photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif

........................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Heaven
    Heaven

Bats, birds, frogs eat mosquitoes. Fish eat their larvae.

Birds, frogs, anything that eats insects will eat ticks.

Fish eat leeches.

I'm pretty sure the larger predators on the Earth such as cougars, panthers, lions, tigers, cheetahs, etc. would eat members of the GB no problem.

Lion with bowl in mouth

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One of the highlights of Protestant New York is the St. Francis Day service at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. All these awesome animals are part of the procession to the altar. Wolf dogs, elephants, llamas, etc. Everyone brings their cats and dogs. No animal barks or meows. I thought the power of the Holy Spirit but a priest said NY pets are well socialized. Without fail, they gather some very local cockroaches and rats to add to the procession.

It has to be endured to get your pet blessed. One year the Dean, the top priest, read an essay about God's creation and kissing a cockroach. I refused to leave any money in the collection plate. Some people wanted to vomit.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Oh thats right - someone said they are a food source -

Songbirds eat mosquitoes, we cut down forests and habitat,

and spray pesticides that kill mosquito eating insects

and then grow mono-crops and that kills insects, so that

kills songbirds, and deprives mosquito eaters of habitat,

and the mosquitoes take over. In the Ocean, we dump shit and

chemicals and acids, and toxic waste of all sorts and scrape

the bottom of the ocean with drag nets, killing deep water reefs,

and therefore food for krill and tiny creatures fish live on,

who now die out, because we killed the reefs, then the fish

are overfished, die out and the jellyfish take over

everywhere, because they live on the crap thats left, then we say.

Why did God make so many bloody jellyfish that sting us ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit