Women are only good at....

by collegegirl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

Well, according to the people in my hall, us "sisters" are pretty damn helpless. Our hall is being remodelded, so last night during the announcements, the brother said, "We need as many BROTHERS as we can get to help with doing the work this weekend..." Then he has the sheer audacity to say, "And we will also need some SISTERS to clean up the mess afterwards." Do you have any idea how pissed off i was? That just infuriated me. I leaned over and loudly whispered to my mom, "You know, we can do more than clean!" UGH! I was just absolutely disgusted. I mean, I know women are the "weaker vessel" and all that crap, but sometimes we like knocking holes in walls just as much as the guys do... Anyhow, we've got some pretty scrawny guys, and if I do say so myself, I could probably take them on! But too late. See if I go help them now.... If they think it's all I can do, I REFUSE TO CLEAN!

• rhett
    rhett
    If they think it's all I can do, I REFUSE TO CLEAN!

Wow, I just wet my pants I'm so scared..........

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I am nice.... really.... I was just a bit worked up, that's all :-)

• Prisca
    Prisca

lol @ collegegirl - I can relate. When one of the congs I was in was building a new Hall, the guys did all the dirty work whilst us dainty women did things like make sandwiches and provide cups of tea.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

hehe SPAZ relates to "worked up college girl"

Grrrrr.

AMEN SISTAH!

Ehh. I say piss'em off right back.
    Show up with your toolbelt and hardhat
    and kick some beergut

It worked for me...I worked in roofing and painting and carpeting and landscaping.

Just be prepared...
    not only will u piss off the men u show up...
    but the women will be po'd too (ugly green monster they call brotherly love).

And be sure and get a letter of reference for all your hard work BEFORE you leave, if u ever do.

SPAZ

• happy man
    happy man

This show how diffrent things is, here in our cong in sweden it is the Laydies who is the strong ones, doing evrything inn the kingdom hall, coming first leaving last, doing evrything, but sweden is swedebn i think the most equal cuontry on earth.
    I often is very confused when i read things you tell from diffrent parts of the word, here it is complitly diffretn inn many ways, this show that whow it is inn the word around us have a very bigg influense even on JW, so i can tell you as complin move to sweden......

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Don't let such nonesense bother you. As an high steel ironworker, there are many young females that are also ironworkers. They 'literally' walk their talk.

Guest 77

• Francois
    Francois

Collegegirl, why bother to go to ANYthing the JWs are doing? You are obviously too intelligent, and much too progressive for this repressive, narrow-minded little cult.

Why don't you get out?

Francois

• Scully
    Scully

Around 1989, the congregation we were associated with was involved in building a new Kingdom Hall. Same story, the "brothers" were allowed to swing the hammers, and the "sisters" were on clean up and KP duty. The "sisters" were not allowed on site without proper work boots and a hard hat, even to serve refreshments. I was the only one who had both, so I was allowed to get a little bit dirty.

Unfortunately, hubby decided to play a little joke on me the day before the build - he spray painted my hard hat with PINK paint. Anyway, all the "sisters" thought it was so "cool" that I had a pink hard hat, and wanted to know where I bought mine, they just HAD to have one of their own. LOL LOL

You know it's a HUGE JW sister no-no to reveal any "fashion secrets", so I just said that hubby (who has contacts) had it specially made for me. The gals were positively green with envy. It was hilarious.

Love, Scully

• Celia
    Celia

Sorry again, I just can't help it :

This show how diffrent things is, here in our cong in sweden it is the Laydies who is the strong ones, doing evrything inn the kingdom hall, coming first leaving last, doing evrything, but sweden is swedebn i think the most equal cuontry on earth.
    I often is very confused when i read things you tell from diffrent parts of the word, here it is complitly diffretn inn many ways, this show that whow it is inn the word around us have a very bigg influense even on JW, so i can tell you as complin move to sweden......

HappyMan, I'll never believe you're not spelling like this on purpose...
    But why ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit