Trying to handle my JW mom

by KatyMomof2 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Send her to her Congregation™. Tell them you refuse to have her terrorizing your kids with their bullshit, and that until she knocks it off, they can keep her and support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed.

Or maybe you could call Social Services and have her removed from the home for psychologically abusing your children with her batshit crazy religion.

• moshe
    moshe

If she is so scared of the demons, then by all means give her plenty to worry about- apostate coffee table books- play the sound track from youtube movies about JWs. The local KH will have to find her a place to live or she will have a crisis of conscience about the WT religion. Regardless, if Jehovah is on her side, then let Jehovah provide. Your rules or the highway is resonable.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yep, I agree with the group. Your house, your rules. And you know if it were reversed, she would be all over u to attend meetings.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I like moshe's suggestion.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

What if your mom had a mental illness? Would you kick her out? How about dementia? I'm just giving you a different way to look at things. You should, by all means, protect and educate your kids about your mom's condition and how she sees things is not how you see things. You should also talk to your mom and let her know that you are raising your kids the way you see fit and she should not interfere or try to subvert them. But in the end it is your decision and they are your kids and she is your mom and you will have to live with the consequences of how you deal with the situation.

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe you need a new boyfriend- find one who has been disfellowshipped- invite him over for sit down meals and talk about the elders and the batshit Globbering body.

Ask your mom, is she wants to help plan a WT anniversary party for next year--

• Gayle
    Gayle

If your mom was 'physically' abusing your children, would you in all good conscience move her out of your house. She is already emotionally scaring your daughter. She's got to go.

Perhaps there's another older gal in congregation, that she can move in with?

• moshe
    moshe

Is mom interested in gentleman friend? Set her up on social networking- plenty of fish.com is free- or get her to join a club with the possibility of meeting a worldly gentleman- hopefully she can keep her mouth shut about the KH long enough to get asked out for coffee.

Volunteer work-- you and your daughter sign up to volunteer and get mom to join you-- she just might see how real charity works-- not the fake kind from the KH that gives the hungry some printed wood pulp for food.

• moshe
    moshe

Does mom have any kind of a job? If not, she needs to get a part time job and contribute $$ for her living expenses- You may have to get proactive on the job search aspect of it. Where I live, you see 80 year old men and women working part time-- one of the women in the garden shop at Lowes is like a granny to everyone-- and gives out doggie treats ( she dog sits for $20/day and does quite well with the little fellas)-- she is a real sweetheart and very spry for 78 years old.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If she is willing, encourage her to be a wal mart greeter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit