what do Jehovah's witness believe in relation to alien races

by quinn777 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Worldwide Security p 184 22 The God of the "Prince of Peace" Becomes "All Things to Everyone" ***To all eternity our earth will bear a distinction that no other planet throughout endless space will enjoy, though the earth may not be the only planet that will ever be inhabited. Uniquely, it will be where Jehovah has indisputably vindicated his universal sovereignty, establishing an eternal and universal legal precedent. It will be the only planet on which Jehovah of armies will have fought "the war of the great day of God the Almighty." It will be the only planet to which God sent his dearest Son to become a man and die in order to recover the planet?s inhabitants from sin and death. It will be the only planet from which Jehovah will have taken 144,000 of its inhabitants to be "heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ."?Romans 8:17.

The publishers of "NewHeavensandaNewEarth" are well aware that some have speculated about creatures from earth as being taken to other planets to populate them, and the way some of these speculators talk it exalts their importance and makes it sound as though Jehovah needs men of the earth to complete his work of creation relative to other planets, and it is with such presumptuousness in view that the book said Jehovah does not need them. The expression about not needing them is designedly used to refute these unvoiced assumptions of God?s need of human couples on the part of those voicing such private interpretations. To preach that Jehovah?s purpose is to populate the other planets with couples from earth does make such couples necessary for his purpose. If it were his purpose to do it in that way, then he would be in need of such couples; otherwise he would have to do it in a way other than what he had purposed. If he did not use them his purpose to do it in that way would fail. So for these reasons the book had grounds for brushing aside this assumed need of Jehovah for human couples.

Whether there are other planets like the earth in other parts of the universe or not, and, if so, whether any of them are inhabited by some kind of life or not, or whether any of them ever will be so inhabited in the future or not, we cannot say because the Bible does not say. To concern ourselves with such questions is idle speculation, and we could never arrive at any definite answer. We can say, however, that there are no Scriptural grounds for contending that any future populating of other planets will be done by transporting couples from earth. The earth and the people on it are not that important. If Jehovah wanted flesh-and-blood creatures on other planets he could easily make them from the dust of those planets, and not need to miraculously transport earthly couples through light-years of space. It is well for us not to exalt ourselves to such a spectacular role in universal affairs, but concentrate on the earthly duties given us by our Creator. Remember what Jesus said: "Everyone that exalts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted."?Luke 18:14; 14:7-11, NW.

Even if the Creator should at some future time populate other planets?which is something that we do not know there still would be no need for repetition of Jesus? sacrifice and the vindication of Jehovah's sovereignty.

w54 3/1 159 Questions From Readers ***

w54 3/1 159 Questions From Readers ***

w65 11/15 703-4 Questions from Readers ***

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/239260/1/UFOs-what-do-the-JW-believe

• quinn777
    quinn777

where did laws come from, everything is governed by them so who set them in place, that weak reasoning is called faith, life can,t be created without life, where in your opinion did the first life come from.

• quinn777
    quinn777

thank you blondie,

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

An Asleep! rag dealt with this in 1979 or 80.

They said we had radio long enough to find out if there is other intelligent life out there. ( actually: only nothing with the technology within 100 light years )

They then quoted the scripture "Jehovah will do nothing, unless he informs his servants the prophets.." (meaning the Gibbering Buddies) ASIDE - so they believed they are prophets. HAHAHAHAHA

In other words - if there was intelligent life on other planets he would have told the Witchtower babble and trash organisation.

You cannot make this crap up.

HB

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi quinn.

Laws don't HAVE to come from a person or being. EG the 'law' gravity isn't evidence that any 'being' invented it.

That life was created by another 'life' brings into question where did god come from? That he is different in that he is 'from everlasting to everlasting' is nonsensical. I see it as just a cop out by people who WANT to believe in god. If we are going back by that route then we vere off into infinity...er....and beyond.

The whole thing will boil down to our own 'confirmation bias'. We believe that which fits us best in many cases.

I deny the comfortability of believing what suits me. I try to be realistic....even when the truth hurts.

What's real for one person will be another person's fantasy. As I have said before, I was raised a JW and believed in the watchtower(R) doctrine for 50 years then I became a christian. I am now awaiting actual evidence of something higher. If god were that brilliant he wouldn't have left a book open to many interpretations. He'd talk directly to us so we know without a shadow of a doubt of his existance.

The whole 'god' thing simplified is: 'Love god or he'll kill you!' 'God left us alone to figure it out ourselves. If we get it wrong he'll lovingly murder us.'

That's my two penneth. You and others are free to believe whatever you feel is truth. I will not deny you that right. I only hope you have a good life and enjoy it to the full without hurting others........whatever you believe.

• quinn777
    quinn777

laws must be set, so if the are set someone must set them, we han,nt discoverd yet a way of generating perpetual motion but we can it is not in us to understand the first and the last and humans are the prime example of everything needing to be governed by laws, your last sentence is evidence of that, why not hurt, if there is no law its not good or bad to hurt steal kill rape molest all things are fine

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    laws must be set, so if the are set someone must set them, we han,nt discoverd yet a way of generating perpetual motion but we can it is not in us to understand the first and the last and humans are the prime example of everything needing to be governed by laws, your last sentence is evidence of that, why not hurt, if there is no law its not good or bad to hurt steal kill rape molest all things are fine

Your response is a corruption of the anthropic principle regarding inanimate processes, with an extra helping of ignorance in regard to the way human culture has developed over time.

• quinn777
    quinn777

inanimate PROCESS, this has to be put in place to begin a process it has to be arranged in a sum to get the right answer for the PROCESS to work. and humans from the begining have been corupt so its nothing to do with develoment of culture over time it new people learn from older and different people other ways of being corrupt, i think the ignorance lyes with you youngman

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi quinn,

Not all laws are good. Not all laws are practical. Not all laws are made for our ultimate good.

Laws do not prove to me that a god exists.

Laws exist in countires that are non Christian. Laws for the good of man exist in non chritian countries.

We need certain rules to help us live in society. Humans live in society because it's convenient. In ancient times was a way to be protected from wild beast or other human groups and improve the use of resources.
    EG: You and I agree to protect each other by taking turns watching so the other can sleep. The agreement has to include a clause where we both take responsibility for not killing the other. That's our law, it applies to you and me. Anyone else around us may (and will) try to kill us because they're not part on our agreement.
    Same with property, I agree to respect your property only if you accept the responsibility of respecting my own. And that becomes part of our law, without that we have no society. We're not partners, that's the meaning of society, partnership.

It's a means to an end that has developed so we can live in society.

The absence of god does not mean that mankind will be better or worse off.

• quinn777
    quinn777

ah yes but those are arrangments not laws, if the sea broke the law there would be tsunamis everyday, if gravity broke the law we,d all have to nail our houses to the ground, if the sun broke the law , well you get the point, all laws were given for a benifit but not necessarily our benifit, and just because you dont believe something dosnt mean its not true, just as just because you can,t see something dosnt mean its not there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit