Cleveland kidnapper's mom is a JW

by just Ron 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• just Ron
    just Ron

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/castro-brothers-spend-night-jail-article-1.1338131

down near the bottom of this article, a neighbor of Ariel Castro's mother reveals that dear old mom is a dub. Bet this won't become a part on a assembly.

• dazed but not confused
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Not quite sure how I feel about this, my first reaction was lol. I'm just glad they are safe now.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I wonder if the boys were raised in the truth

• fiddler
    fiddler

I just had a feeling that maybe the JW religion would pop up in this case..........yep.

• Unicorns
    Unicorns

Surprise, surprise. I was actually half-expecting someone in this family to be JW.

His daughter is currently in jail as well for trying to slit her 11-month-old daughter's throat. This whole family is made up of winners.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Jezzzzzz......another one?!

Have you read about this? Crazy huh

http://njnnetwork.com/2009/09/sex-offender-philip-garrido-used-jehovahs-witness-to-get-early-parole/

Sex offender Garrido used Jehovah’s Witness to get early parole

Lenient parole system and Jehovah’s Witnesses helped Garrido get back on the streets after 10 years of 50 year sentence

Phillip Garrido web Sex offender Garrido used Jehovahs Witness to get early parole photo

Philip Garrido as photographed by El Dorado County, Calif. Sheriff's office, and taken Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009 after his arrest for the abduction and 18 year sexual abuse of an 11 year old girl

Story from San Francisco Chronicle, updated with James A. Beckford reference

Philip Garrido and his wife Nancy are under arrest for the abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard, then 11 years old, on June 11, 1991. Garrido was a convicted sex offender for past three decades who had been in an out of jail. Nancy was a devout Jehovah’s Witness who converted Garrido to the religious sect prior to 1978.

Jaycee Dugard 240x300 Sex offender Garrido used Jehovahs Witness to get early parole photo

Jaycee Lee Dugard at 11 photo: Childquest

1991 was 18 years ago and the couple held the child and sexually abused her. Philip Garrido fathered two children by the abducted Dugard.

The Garrido’s kept Dugard and her children locked up in a backyard compound in Antioch California, east of San Francisco. They used the girl, along with being their sex slave, to handle telemarketing forprinting business related to religious brochures the Garrido’s were promoting.

In 1993 Philip Garrido was returned to prison on a parole violation. In 1999 he was released from another parole violation. During that time it was his wife Nancy Garrdo who held the Dugard child captive.

Mrs Garrido’s role has stunned America, leading to speculation about her motives, her relationship with her husband and her own mental state. Little has been made public about her early life but it is believed that she was a Jehovah’s Witness when she met Garrido during a visit to her uncle in a prison in Leavenworth, Kansas. TimesOnline.uk

Garrido house from the air 800 AP Sex offender Garrido used Jehovahs Witness to get early parole photo

Garrido house from the air showing ramshackle compound where Dugard and her two children were held photo: AP

Conversion to Jehovah’s Witness

Nancy met Garrido in 1977 when he was in prison on a rape conviction. The 1970s rape and violent abduction had sent Garrido to Leavenworth on what should have been a virtual life sentence of 50 years.

Nancy, slightly younger than Garrido and a devout Jehovah’s Witness, was visiting her uncle in prison according to the Times Online.

The fact that they married behind bars in 1988, and he was released shortly afterwards, proves how valuable she was. She gave him what seemed like a family life, and, by implication, proved that he would not offend again. Daily Mail

Philip Garrido was using his newfound JW faith as early as 1978 to obtain his release.

When Garrido subsequently appealed his sentence, however, his lawyer said he was getting help in prison and had become a Jehovah’s Witness. In a handwritten letter to a judge in March 1978, Garrido said he was ready for a chance to “get my life in line.” “I am so ashamed of my past. But my future is now in controle (sic),” he wrote. SF Gate

For the 11 years after Nancy and Garrido met while he was in jail, she corresponded with him. She converted him to the Jehovah’s Witness faith which would have required the approval of the local JW congregation. It is highly unlikely the Witnesses will confirm his conversion although Garrido claims to be converted.

It was the marriage and conversion that Garrido used to convince the parole board that he would not re-offend.

Nancy Garrido in irons 650 Sex offender Garrido used Jehovahs Witness to get early parole photo

Nancy Garrido is facing more charges than her husband for the abduction and systematic abused suffered by Jaycee Lee Dugard photo: Mail Online

Jehovah’s Witnesses take pride in converting the down-and-out, drug addicts, people down on their luck.

In his study The Trumpet of Prophecy: A Sociological Study of Jehovah’s Witnesses Sex offender Garrido used Jehovahs Witness to get early parole photo sociologist James A. Beckford *(1) theorized that people with low social attachment are more likely to accept the other-world view of a religious cult like the Witnesses. Beckford, who writes on religion and teaches at the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK, found in his 1975 book that the most likely converts to the Jehovahs Witness cult are females in their mid-20′s who are dislocated from society due to a move away from their home location or through multiple child births in close succession.

Similar studies of the members of the Jim Jones cult who committed suicide in the 1970′s showed adherents were poor, dispossessed and looking for a new world order that Jones promised to deliver.

Garrido apparently strayed from Jehovahs Witnesses to form his own religious cult. In 2007, he began blogging under various titles. One blog”The Truth Will Set You Free” is eerily familiar to the insider dialogue of Jehovah’s Witnesses. To those inside the JW sect, the code word for Jehovah’s Witness is “The Truth”. Members use that bible quotation to define themselves as being “in the Truth”, “strong in the Truth” and defectors conversely as “weak in the Truth.”

It was the religious fanaticism that caught Philip and Nancy Garrido. They were spotted handing out religious pamphlets at UCLA Berkeley by police. Under questioning, the police became suspicious of the parolee and sex-offender accompanied by children.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The longer I was a JW, the more I could see the crazy:normal ratio go way out of balance in the congregation. Of the ones I saw baptized during the last decade, they were either the children of dubs or people with problems. And the "Bible students" that the pioneers were studying with, were just not "right".

• biometrics
    biometrics

Couldn't have put it better Billy. In my opinion the crazy:normal ratio is way out of wack in nearly every congregation I've seen. And I say that with utmost sincerity.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

OMFG! It seems that if it is weird, there is a JW connection.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit