can you buy your way out of being disfellowshipped? What do you think it would cost?

by hoser 13 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is not a direct economic quid pro quo.

There is also the more prominent feature of whether the local BOE and the circuit overseer LIKE YOU OR NOT.

I do know of several moderately well off elders who were good contributors but who never went out in door to door service...but again, that only lasted until a new circuit overseer came in who did not like these guys.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's all about the network. Yep.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My hunch is that it can be purchased easily. Heck, to get Christmas tickets for the midnight service, I call one month early and ask how much must the donation be to have a decent seat and not be bothered by a particular drunk usher. They tell me. I pay. $10,000. should be adequate.

Bethel has to have the money. I would ignore the KH folk.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Why not do like elders, servants, pioneers and the rest of the gang did? They kept their secret sins until they were close to death, they made a "death bed confession" and the elders were so sad, they did not want to DF a man who was going to die any moment, they did the right thing and prayed for him.

I think they acted like a Catholic Priest and I am guilty of doing the same and "Praying a Prayer of Absolution" for the sinner. The Book of James is clear we do not need Elders or "Older Men" (Unbiblical Translation of Elders in various parts of the NWT) to pray for our brothers and sisters.

The Pharisees and Sadduccees of Bethel and Patterson would beg to differ, I will choose the Bible over their Traditions of ever-chaning dogmas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit