JW's are ordained Ministers!!! er..umm right?!?!?!

by DATA-DOG 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Not qualified to read the elders manual (the word of men) but eminently qualified to read the Bible, God's Word (at least that's what the WTS says)!

(Matthew 15:3-9) 3 In reply he said to them: “Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? 4 For example, God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.’ 5 But YOU say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother: “Whatever I have by which you might get benefit from me is a gift dedicated to God,” 6 he must not honor his father at all.’ And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. 7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 ‘This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

• moshe
    moshe

How do they get away with it?

I suppose the lawyers the WT uses went to the same law school as the lawyers who helped Bill Clinton testify about his dalliance with Monica Lewinsky-

Clinton testified, "I never had sex with that woman" - while legally correct, his answer was meant to deceive. An act of sodomy, while not techically sexual intercourse would have been information that congress would have been entitled to know about.

• recovering
    recovering

Interesting that in the Conti case appeal the wtbs claims that the offender is not an ordained minister even though he was a ministarial servent.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    *** w06 4/1 p. 24 par. 11 ‘Go and Make Disciples, Baptizing Them’ ***
    The second question asks the candidate, first of all, if he understands that his baptism serves to identify him as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. After undergoing immersion, he becomes an ordained minister who bears Jehovah’s name. This is both a great privilege and a serious responsibility.

But apparently JWs being 'ministers' is not a serious 'responsibility' when it comes to legal obligations.

So which is it? Are JW publishers 'ordained ministers' or merely 'volunteers'? They want it both ways.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is such b.s. Hypocrisy in the highest.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w10 3/15 pp. 17-18 par. 14 Walk by Spirit and Live Up to Your Dedication ***

As an ordained minister, you have a ministry to perform. (Rom. 10:14) You may not feel fully qualified to shoulder such a responsibility. But, as is the case of the anointed, it is God who qualifies you. (Read 2 Corinthians 3:5.) You can live up to your dedication by doing your best and relying on God’s spirit.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

marking

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

The WTS's stance (if you can call it that) on their having a hierarchy and all baptized dubs are ordained ministers is situational. At the Australian hearing, the officials couldn't pin the dub and the dub lawyer down on that point.

Their double-speak reminds me of the voice mail message my son and his roomates had on their phone when he was in college:

"If this is a creditor, we'll send the money. If this is a friend, we have no money. If this is our parents, we need money. If this is a girl, we have lots of money!"

• sir82
    sir82

They haven't referred to the "all baptized JWS are ordained ministers" meme lately, in at least 2 or 3 years.

Such a lack of mention is very often the precursor to "new light".

Their MO:

1) Stop talking about a particular doctrinal point for several years

2) Come out with a "new light" article reversing the previous understanding

3) Watch as all the JWs say "wow that is so deep!" or "that totally makes sense now!" or "that's kind of what I always thought anyway"

Maybe in another year or 2 we can expect a "clarification" on who are ministers?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

sir82:

They haven't referred to the "all baptized JWS are ordained ministers" meme lately, in at least 2 or 3 years.

The 15 March 2010 Watchtower article partially quoted by blondie above is talking about all baptised JWs, and refers to them as "ordained ministers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit