I Was Looking At Old Photos of My Daughter's And All Her Friends Left The T

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • minimus
    minimus
    They either are all gone from the religion or are dead. My daughter is 37 and all these JW kids are done.
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader
    I was looking at a photo from my pioneer class back in 1993. It was a big one with about 45 people. So many left while I was still in over the years. 2 committed suicide, some got divorced and several died of illness and old age. I saved my pioneer book mainly because of the personal messages and signatures (like a high school yearbook). It was a happy time back then when I felt like my sacrifices mattered. Ironic how so many of us ended up leaving. I still read the messages on occasion.
  • minimus
    minimus
    A lot of wasted time.😟
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Yes. It was a lot of wasted time...something I have had to come to terms with. I was born-in and knew no other way nor could I imagine it was possible that I would ever become a happy atheist. At pioneer school I was engaged and ecstatically happy so I can still feel the memories of the fleeting joy I had in that moment in time. I'm 42 now and happier than I have ever been. I learned so much the hard way in my 30's. Sadly some of those people from pioneer school that left never escaped the clutches of mind control as I did. They are "out" but harbor a bit of fear that perhaps the witnesses are right after all.

40's is my do-over :)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I went to the elder school in Norco CA back in 1973. You know, just 2 years before the big "A" was gonna happen. We were all so pumped up about our 'privilege' of being there since we were all going to be the "Presiding Overseer" during 1975! We (class of 25 men) genuinely felt IT if you know what I mean. Today I still know several of the guys that attended that class. Only one is still 'going strong' for the truff! Why is that? It was all just total BS and hype! Sadly, some of the really good men that attended, are now gone without ever even getting a sniff of the "promised" paradise!

I still have the picture of that class of 25 good men along with Brother Russell Dixon (the instructor). O,The power of a cult!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

When I was 18 and left the kingdom hall, there were 15 youths between the ages of 8 and 22. Through facebook and contact with my mother, only 6 remain. Of those 6, two have been disfellowshiped multiple times for fornication, one is currently disfellowship and five of the six are siblings/cousins. So basically only one family children stayed in and probably had very little choice. In fact the two daughters have been disfellowshiped four times each from 1993 to now. They are a horny family and just screw get disfellowship wait the 2 to 3 years and get reinstated.

With that being said, I wonder who holds the record of the most repeated disfellowshippings?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i suppose when they get re-instated they go out and get laid to celebrate.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

My group must have been die heart door knockers. I can only think

of two maybe three folks that left over a period of 43 years, not

counting the ones that's dead. I'm speaking of family and friends

that came in around the 70's.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

James Mixon

You must have had a miserable childhood hanging with all those 'righteous' ones! lol

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit