What are your favorite hypocritical sayings of the WT??

by iamwhoiam 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

"Religion is a snare and a racket"

...Ironically, today the WT is a bonafied religion.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Wait on Jehovah (because we sure as f**k don't care about you)

zed

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Do not run ahead of the organisation

• Think About It
    Think About It

We don't want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

• bigmac
    bigmac

what name--its fake.

but--i used to laugh at that saying. as if this almighty universe-creator could really give a toss about the behaviour of his puny little self-appointed protectors.---if he's so powerful why does he need to rely on point one of a % of the population to defend him.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"Dont join the YMCA because you will be inadvertantly supporting their cause!" No JW could work for the United Nations because it's a evil anti-Christ counterfeit Kingdom set to fight with Jehovah.!

• JWB
    JWB

"Pray to Jehovah that he may open your eyes to UNDERSTAND it".

Or something along these lines when you don't agree with the WTS interpretation of scripture regarding some New Truth(tm), even though you completely understand that the interpretation has no basis in Scripture (eg birthdays being bad because on the only two occasions mentioned in the Bible, something awful happened!).

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

When they emphasize that they have "love of neighbor" or that they "love their neighbor" which for the most part is limited to placing literature with people. Can't tell you how many times I've heard it said that the greatest way we demonstrate love for our neighbors is by preaching the good news of the Kingdom to them which again translates into, placing literature. Even that's done half-heartedly. Other than that, for the most part the average JW can give two fukks about a non-JW, and that mentality is encouraged by the WT. To view nonJWs as anything other than either a danger or a convert is the standard outlook directed by the WT. There is no love of neighbor, more like.....will love it when Jehovah destroys them at Armageddon unless they let me finish my presentation or agree with everything I said.

Ironically, plenty of JWs barely care about a good percentage of people even in their own congregation.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Oh another one, that JWB's post reminded me of, "make Jehovah real."

Excuse me? Make him real? How exactly do I go about doing that? He either exists or doesn't. It reminds me of some folks that state that the Lord speaks to them and they hear him and then say that I could hear him too, but I'm not listening. So according to those that hear the Lord, I'm choosing to be deaf, according the WT I'm choosing to be blind, and according to the nonbelievers for even debating this stuff and stressing about it, I'm dumb. True definition of, deaf-dumb-& blind.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Guard against the sin of independent thinking........used a lot on me as a kid in the 80s whenever I had a thought that wasn't from the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit