Jehovah Witness victims of Childhood Sex Abuse - and all supporters from the United States - Action Alert for 'Illinois legislature'.

by Sol Reform 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

IL HB 1063 Just passed the Senate 59-0!

28 May 2013 | Illinois Tags:HB 1063

Just passed the Senate 59-0! Back to the House on concurrence!

http://sol-reform.com/News/il-hb-1063-just-passed-the-senate-59-0/

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

IL has now passed both civil elimination and criminal elimination w/certain evidence!

Gov to sign in near future.

http://sol-reform.com/News/il-has-now-passed-both-civil-elimination-and-criminal-elimination-wcertain-evidence/

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Will California ever remove the SOL so I can be made righteous from all the lies?

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

http://wuisnews.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/children-sexual-abuse-measure-heads-to-governors-desk/

Children Sexual Abuse Measure Heads To Governor's Desk

Posted on June 3, 2013 by WUIS - Your Source for News

Victims of sexual abuse in Illinois have a limited amount of time in which to file charges.

But a proposal on its way to the governor would back some of those limits.

Tiffany Denmark of Chicago said she was sexually abused not once, but twice, by a pastor - with the second encounter resulting in her becoming pregnant.

Denmark said she was pressured into having an abortion. Afterwards, she says she fell into a state of depression, and attempted suicide.
    DENMARK: "My mother's pastor was aware of what happened and even visited me in the hospital, but said because I didn't say anything when I was younger it was too late."
    Illinois currently has a 10-year window where criminal sexual charges can be filed against an alleged attacker.
    But a plan approved by Illinois lawmakers would allow charges to be filed at any time - as long as the victim was a minor when the alleged attack took place.
    Evidence would need to be provided before charges are filed - which Matt Jones, with a state prosecutor's office, says could range from a photograph of bruises, to...
    JONES: "Because of guilt and the march of time, an offender will send a letter apologizing for their inappropriate behavior, 'I'm sorry what I did to you.'"
    A spokesman for Governor Pat Quinn says sexual assault is a "top public safety priority," and will review the legislation once it reaches his desk.

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

http://sol-reform.com/News/rep-moeller-co-sponsoring-bill-extend-statute-limitations-sexual-assault-cases-chicago-tribune/

Rep. Moeller Co-Sponsoring Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations in Sexual Assault Cases (Chicago Tribune) 03 May 2014/in Illinois /by SOL Reform

Posted By State Rep. Anna Moeller ,Community Contributor 10:14 a.m. CDT, April 30, 2014

To ensure that sexual assault survivors can seek justice against their perpetrators, state Rep. Anna Moeller (D-Elgin) is co-sponsoring legislation to extend the statute of limitations in certain sexual assault cases.

“Unfortunately, backlogs in processing vital DNA evidence can result in rape kits being left untested for months, or even years,” Moeller said. “Rape and sexual assault victims should never see justice delayed simply because law enforcement can’t keep up with the processing of the evidence. This bill pushes back the clock so that victims are not unfairly punished because of a processing delay.”

Senate Bill 2609 changes the start of the statute of limitations for sexual assault cases from when the crime occurs to when the rape kit has been collected, processed and analyzed. This measure addresses the sometimes years-long backlog in processing evidence kits. Senate Bill 2609 passed the Senate and is under consideration in the House.

“This proposal will give every victim the opportunity to see their perpetrators held responsible for these horrific crimes,” said Moeller.

Moeller represents the 43rd District, which includes most of Elgin and portions of Barrington Hills, Carpentersville, East Dundee and South Elgin. For more information, contact Moeller’s constituent services office at (847) 841-7130 or [email protected].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit