Ex-JW who thinks he's Jesus Christ

by Tiktaalik 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

An interesting article in an Australian newspaper about AJ Miller, an ex JW who now believes he is the reincarnation of Jesus. He keeps predicting the end of the world and has gathered some zealous followers around the world. He lives on a large property bought for him by his disciples. He doesn't work, but is able to live a luxuriant lifestyle.

Well worth a read:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-messiah-complex-20130422-2i946.html

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks - that was an interesting read. Always amazes me how educated people get fooled by these groups , but I guess we were all fooled by the WTBTS in our own ways.

Couldn't help but notice his final comment. It scares me too , if the WTBTS becomes increasingly isolated & frustrated.

Ultimately, the experience has left me with a sense of foreboding. I feel concerned for Miller's followers. "When you keep making these predictions about Earth Changes and nothing happens, you're painting yourself into a corner," Sims tells me. "And, frankly, that scares me."

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the only ex jw i know who is really jesus is lars!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, this fellow has turned his delusion to benefit better than lars.

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I saw that a while back. I still remember how creepy that was. A perfect illustration of cult control. Yikes! People were leaving there family's to follow him. During their gatherings people would take on the personalities of bible characters and reinact with whaling and other insane behaviors. They almost seemed demon possesed. Yuck!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The closing comments are interesting. I couldn't agree more.

I feel concerned for Miller's followers. "When you keep making these predictions about Earth Changes and nothing happens, you're painting yourself into a corner," Sims tells me. "And, frankly, that scares me."

• renderme
    renderme

so Jesus isn't really a gay black man?? My faith has been completely shattered now!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lars is the real jesus. The OTHER guy is fake. WE have the real jesus.

S

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My loyalty is to Lars. He is our own Jesus. Why hunt for another when you already have a fine Jesus in your community?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

so Jesus isn't really a gay black man?? My faith has been completely shattered now!

That's exactly what I was thinkin ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit